***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN BOUNCE BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Anyone know who the superstar announcing team will be?
Minnesota @ Northwestern
7:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
Lisa Byington, Anthony Herron, Elise Menaker

Looks like I'll be DVR syncing up the tv to KFAN again!

Obviously, need to win. But, really hope we don’t just pound the ball all game. Think we can probably run it 45 times today and come away with a 21-6 win, but thats not gonna help us later in the year if we still don’t have a passing game. Gotta get some confidence, get athan in a rhythm, find some plays and schemes that work for him to get the playmakers involved. Season is still young, and the big 10 is wide open.
Like we did vs EMU.

Minnesota @ Northwestern
7:30 p.m. Big Ten Network
Lisa Byington, Anthony Herron, Elise Menaker

Looks like I'll be DVR syncing up the tv to KFAN again!
Byington isn’t too bad, Herron is pretty trash.

Last week's chili didn't agree with the Billds at all. Having chicken and rice soup for this game. Hoping to embrace 5-alarm chili again going forward from here.
Hopefully not “cheese and rice!” soup on the menu today, as my more pious and proper acquaintances used to say

I just hope we don’t run Taylor into the ground - even if it’s working. Find a second back and/or work on the passing game please.

Yep, avoid wear on the tires. Today, get better with the forward pass.

I just hope we don’t run Taylor into the ground - even if it’s working. Find a second back and/or work on the passing game please.
This is exactly my feeling going into this game. We will more than likely have a chance to work on the passing game due to the overall win never being in doubt, but Fleck will want this win so badly he's just going to cram it down their throats the whole game and we'll win easily but miss a chance to work out some major areas of concern.

Hopefully not “cheese and rice!” soup on the menu today, as my more pious and proper acquaintances used to say
Nope on cheese. Mrs. Billd and Kiddo avoid dairy, gluten, soy, and about every other thing that has flavor. I just summarize to they are "food free" that leaves fixing everything that is true food to me.

They do however eat meat, which I consider a good thing. We like to hear the moo as the steak is delivered to our plate...

Enlighten me: per ESPN we are an 11 point favorite today. How do we only have a 57% probability of winning?

To me it means that when we have a big third down or a big play we don’t yet know confidently whether we should run or pass. It will come. But we aren’t there yet.
You don't throw or run based on some subjective intangible like "identity." You choose your play based on game conditions and the situation. Down, score, opponent, field position, weather, injuries, field condition, lateral placement of the ball, time outs remaining, time remaining in the game and probably a dozen other factors. "Identity" sounds like one of the inane expressions like "put air under the ball' or "put points on the board" that is uttered to make the speaker sound like an oh-so-in, cool fan. Seems like if your perception of your team's "identity" is well-developed and influences you choice of calls, opponents would be better prepared to defend against you. I care about gaining yards, getting first downs, sustaining drives, and scoring. I don't care how I do it.

After 3 games the Gophs have had a total of 0 plays that have gone over 30 yards. And we have already played one of the poorer defense in college football: Eastern Michigan. So five is a pretty, pretty aggressive O/U number. My brain says take the under (especially if our offense consists of running true Frosh Taylor into the ground). But my heart says take the over. Go Gophers!

After 3 games the Gophs have had a total of 0 plays that have gone over 30 yards. And we have already played one of the poorer defense in college football: Eastern Michigan. So five is a pretty, pretty aggressive O/U number. My brain says take the under (especially if our offense consists of running true Frosh Taylor into the ground). But my heart says take the over. Go Gophers!
Yep, we know the stats. I’m looking for a breakout.

CAB, Williams, and LIndenberg all listed questionable. No surprise "out" listings. Guess we'll see who takes the field at gametime.

If Bryce isn’t good to go, we really need Tyler to step up … and Evans, too. A passing game would help.

All week long the B1G Network has relegated the Gopher game as an after thought.

To be fair if I wasn’t a huge gopher fan it wouldn’t be on my radar at all.

Way behind tOSU/ND, Iowa/PSU, Oregon St/Wash St from a random football fan perspective

Obviously, need to win. But, really hope we don’t just pound the ball all game. Think we can probably run it 45 times today and come away with a 21-6 win, but thats not gonna help us later in the year if we still don’t have a passing game. Gotta get some confidence, get athan in a rhythm, find some plays and schemes that work for him to get the playmakers involved. Season is still young, and the big 10 is wide open.
The conference schedule is too tough to get through without a decent passing game. Also, as others have noted, Taylor should not be run into the ground. He's not Mo.

So how is the BTN handling this with the Nebraska delay? I’m hoping they only keep this game on for people in Nebraska.

Top Bottom