***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD TWAS NIGHT BEFORE XMAS THEME!!!***

How so? If he can play I think he plays. In this era, the redshirt is almost dead. If he is ready he provides valuable depth. If he’s not blended into the system yet, maybe a problem.
It's a question of using a year for ~15 games this year or having another full year in 23-24. Not an easy decision but I think he plays too.

And he gets away with all kinds of crap; moving screens, over the back, push off, etc. Plus he shuffles his feet quickly and should be more travel calls.
I had to laugh. He (Dickinson) darn near threw Loewe out of bounds on the boards and then he looks at the ref "Wha?" And one of the announcer sees the hand fighting and thinks it's just jostling and totally misses Dickinson's shove.

I had to laugh. He (Dickinson) darn near threw Loewe out of bounds on the boards and then he looks at the ref "Wha?" And one of the announcer sees the hand fighting and thinks it's just jostling and totally misses Dickinson's shove.
Putting Loewe on him there was brilliant. IIRC, he missed the shot and then committed the foul. Obviously wouldn't work for long, but as a one off it was great.

Ranked, unranked. the recruiting classes Michigan has put together, the big money contract to the Michigan coach, game at Michigan...all that, it is a HUGE WIN!

I liked what I have seen but I'm very surprised we beat Michigan at Michigan.
Maybe we just keep recruiting small school seniors?
Did I see it's been like 20 years since Gophs have won there?

No clue how the season will turn out but am loving this team and the way they play. So much fun to see a true team out there again and not just a collection of players like what Pitino had most years.

Hard to say. Would love to have the depth/talent of Brandon Johnson/Tre and certainly a healthy Liam Robbins.. But their leaving also influenced decisions of the guys who came in.
Very good source suggested it was a mutual decision to have Liam look elsewhere. Uncle influenced of course but sounds like Ben didn’t think the fit was right. Don’t know about others. Johnson would have displaced no one on the roster and I think he was the biggest loss.

Hard to say. Would love to have the depth/talent of Brandon Johnson/Tre and certainly a healthy Liam Robbins.. But their leaving also influenced decisions of the guys who came in.
Hard to know but its all speculation.

I wonder if Ben just wanted a clean slate. All his guys (except Ihnen) without having to undo PitinoBall warts. Remember that Ben worked under Pitino for a number of years. Maybe he wanted all that behind the program and a clear path going forward. And, like you said, a wide open opportunity for the the guys who came in.

Whatever the situation, BJ and his guys have made a very strong statement.

Very good source suggested it was a mutual decision to have Liam look elsewhere. Uncle influenced of course but sounds like Ben didn’t think the fit was right. Don’t know about others. Johnson would have displaced no one on the roster and I think he was the biggest loss.
Interesting. I trust the Ben

Reactions: sal

Top Bottom