***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Need another solid 20 minutes. Was close at half against Wisco and Michigan. Wheels fell off twice.

Not a fan of that last shot before the half from Carr. They need to start a play before 10 seconds remaining.

Don’t want to go too soon and give Iowa the ball back. Hence the two for one situation that occured

1st half stars

Game Stats
Minnesota
Iowa
Points3739
FG13-3614-32
FG%36.143.8
3P4-175-8
3P%23.562.5
FT7-106-7
FT%70.085.7
Rebounds2222
Offensive Rebounds74
Defensive Rebounds1518
Ties44
Lead Changes33
Time with Lead0:1918:13
Lead % of Game1.691.1
Last Lead35-34
Last Lead: Time1:30 (1st)
Largest Lead29
Largest Lead: Score2-026-17
Largest Lead: Time19:34 (1st)10:35 (1st)
Assists712
Turnovers34
Bench Points44
Blocks21
On Court Points3317
Fastbreak Points57
Steals31
Points off Turnovers94
Points in the Paint1416
Second Chance Points42
Personal Fouls79
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3535

Not a fan of that last shot before the half from Carr. They need to start a play before 10 seconds remaining.

Yeah. I get that they don't want to give the ball back to Iowa before half....but why wait until a few second remain and then leave yourself with a bad shot? Happens too often.

Very weird thread. Almost 80% of the posts are negative. Its like you wouldn't think we were battling the #5 team in the country on the road and down by just 2

Lots of negative predictions early, myself included. Still not entirely sure we keep pace but encouraging first half. Need to make some shots

Down at half... Ill take it.

Unlike being down 4 at half vs Michigan. Way different feel!!

Can’t say we have not had good looks at the basket. Keep playing with the same intensity and hopefully some of those shots will fall in the second half.

Solid run to come back from down 9. Agree with others... establish the lane.

Good half for the most part. Defense was very good most of the time. I just wish we wouldn't settle for so many threes; we aren't shooting them well in this game either. At least we're limiting Iowa's 3 point attempts to a reasonable level. The backup big men need to work the ball between them a bit (even some simple give and go plays) because neither one appears to go for his shot on his own and Ihnen needs to stop shooting 3s.

Against WI....halftime down by 7....5 minutes in down by 16
Against MI...halftime down by 6
5 minutes in down by 17.........
1st 5 minutes crucial

For a non ball handler he has a lot of turnovers.
I think at this point the book is out on him moving his feet early so all refs appear to be looking for it. And they seem to find it a lot. Quick 8-0 here for Iowa...I'm now terrified

Carr might have to take over on offense now. Gabe is 0fer from 3 and the rest of the team is inconsistent.

Sick of watching 2nd half of road games. Its like they forget how to do simple things. 3 unforced turnovers this half so far.

I think at this point the book is out on him moving his feet early so all refs appear to be looking for it. And they seem to find it a lot. Quick 8-0 here for Iowa...I'm now terrified
Gabe struggles to make adjustments. Gets called for a travel every game. Keeps traveling.

Please Pitino, recruit some shooters. I’m so tired of watching such embarrassing displays of rim clunking and air-balling. Are good shooters that hard to find? We routinely have very few. At this point, I would rather have five un-athletic shooters than a bunch of olympic leapers who can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a ball.

Do we stick in the top 25 tomorrow? Maybe if we keep this within 10.

Top Bottom