***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'd like to see a study done with Next Gen stats for how many times across all sports a team has lost after being +90% to win. I bet MN teams are disproportionately on that list

Got one question for CBJ...When do we not have to embrace the suck anymore? This 16 min collapse of 20 pts. Players looked like they had already won the game and didn't want to finish it. Dumb fouls lead to loose D. Offense went back to non existent, sloppy and lazy passes, and ice cold shooting on settling shots.

I'd like to see a study done with Next Gen stats for how many times across all sports a team has lost after being +90% to win. I bet MN teams are disproportionately on that list
We're the home of the team that lost 18 play-off games in a row. Single games with a 95% chance to win are nothing. But this one was still a doozy.

I am predicting gophers will end up in weakling Wednesday
Dont overeact to much, they will be favored in all 4 home games my guess is they go 3-1, 9-11 will not be playing on weakling Wednesday. I do not think they will win another road game.

Last edited:

Dont overeact to much, the will be favored in all 4 home games my guess is they go 3-1, 9-11 will not be playing on weakling Wednesday. I do not think they will win another road game.
9-11 could end up on WW though. There's only two disaster teams. 11 and 12 will likely have 8-9 wins. The current 11 and 12 seeds have 5. The Gophers have 6.

This is the kind of loss that sends teams reeling. Garcia is hurt. Purdue is next. That's a virtually certain loss. Next Sunday against Rutgers will tell us how the rest of the season will go.

I was wrong and you were right (regarding a later run) which had nothing to do with my initial post). Go pop the 🍾 and celebrate your amazing victory; I’m sure your parents are soooo proud.

that’s my last word, as life is too short for me to waste my time with someone apparently misrepresented my posts to win a point. Keep winning champ, you’re too 😎. Bye forever

Hahahaha. You get so upset. I’m sorry you’re hurt that not all gopher fans are obsessed with this team and coach.

They lost a very winnable and important game that they should have won. It’s OK! The program is headed in the right direction. Hopefully Garcia gets healthy.

This board is unbearable after losses. Complete meltdown after every loss. Calls to fire the coach after every loss...it's literally as bad as toddlers’ temper tantrums.

If we return everyone next year, we will be fine. Ben has a steady stream of recruits now...to add to his good eye for transfers.

I liked seeing Carrington's 18 points. And Mitchell's 17. So don't melt down...we're going to have a complete team soon.

When was the last time we had everyone back? Can almost guarantee that won’t happen. We could be a year more “experienced” and still end up near the bottom of the league. It’s going to be really interesting when we add the four schools from out west.

True but I think it's unsurprising. When Iowa gets hot, they get hot. They've done it to other teams plenty of times.

Ben isn't much of an in game coach and that's pretty clear at this point, but this happens.
You’re right they get hot but we made it easy for them too. Lots of layups in that stretch.

We stopped playing tough D and thought we were just going to outscore them. It was fool's gold... we were shooting 70% on 3s - then it stopped. Once they got it to ten it was obvious we were in trouble. The body language at the point was ...hang on.
Great take and they scored 52 in the second half, after only 38 in the first half; their game is to out score you and that’s a game they’ll usually win - this all coalesced when Garcia got hurt. I don’t see us losing if he doesn’t get hurt, he can score inside and make his FTs.

All losses are not equal. If we'd lost a close back and forth road game at Iowa, I don't think anyone would be too shocked or upset. Blowing a 20 point lead in the second half is something that should happen once every twenty years and we've done it twice in 3 months. A bit of anger over that is justified.

And the victory laps from the hardcore Ben defenders after every win is just as annoying. They're 6-6 in a down year in the B1G. This season is neither great nor a disaster at this point. Ben's overall tenure still is.

Um... they lost their best player mid-game. He had 18 at the half.

Cause and effect.
If we can't make the necessary adjustments, we don't deserve to win...especially being spotted a 13 pt lead, we've won w/o Garcia before. What distrubs me the most is the taking the foot off the gas pedal, didnt learn a thing from that bad Missouri loss.

Mitchell hits a "3" at the 16:11 mark 2nd half, giving us a 20 point lead (62-42). We then proceed to miss our next 10 3pt shots. In that time we were 7-16 on 2 pointers.
Hawkins, Fox foul out, Payne with 4 fouls. Iowa foul trouble??? 4 players with 2 fouls.
Garcia gets hurt, doesn't return. Outscored 48-23 in last 16 minutes. I never realized Garcia had such a defensive presence.

All losses are not equal. If we'd lost a close back and forth road game at Iowa, I don't think anyone would be too shocked or upset. Blowing a 20 point lead in the second half is something that should happen once every twenty years and we've done it twice in 3 months. A bit of anger over that is justified.

And the victory laps from the hardcore Ben defenders after every win is just as annoying. They're 6-6 in a down year in the B1G. It's neither great nor a disaster at this point.
Yeah right. You guys melt down after every loss no matter what. And you say the B1G is down in FB & BB every year.

Yeah right. You guys melt down after every loss no matter what. And you say the B1G is down in FB & BB every year.
That's objectively not true, but think what you want. No one was terribly surprised when we lost at MSU etc.

This board is unbearable after losses. Complete meltdown after every loss. Calls to fire the coach after every loss...it's literally as bad as toddlers’ temper tantrums.

If we return everyone next year, we will be fine. Ben has a steady stream of recruits now...to add to his good eye for transfers.
Almost like the fans after wins. The coach should get a lifetime contract.

For the record I saw exactly one post calling for him to be fired. Did I miss any others calling for the coach to be fired?

Top Bottom