***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Do they not have any other QB’s? He couldn’t grip the ball at all on either of those last two throws.

I was thinking how they’re really risking it with all the qb runs given their depletion...

I know Illinois broke a long run on that drive, but I can't overstate how much better the DB's are playing in run support today. It's like night and day with Howden, Nubin, and Harris coming downhill to make plays. They've missed at least two that I can remember, but the past two weeks it was at least 1 egregious error per series.

Locksley is a really bad coach.

I know Illinois broke a long run on that drive, but I can't overstate how much better the DB's are playing in run support today. It's like night and day with Howden, Nubin, and Harris coming downhill to make plays. They've missed at least two that I can remember, but the past two weeks it was at least 1 egregious error per series.
I think it's fair to say hold any judgment on improvement till Friday night

Is Maryland this good or is PSU this bad?

I don't know how to explain Mo's style but he's just good. He isn't shifty, isn't fast, isn't big... but he has great vision and balance, and just seems to keep his legs moving.

Wrap up and follow through. Finish.... people need to learn they are no longer the best athlete on the field in college.
It was a good hit, wish there was another guy that could have tackled him cause # 55 stuck him.

I don't know how to explain Mo's style but he's just good. He isn't shifty, isn't fast, isn't big... but he has great vision and balance, and just seems to keep his legs moving.
He's a fullback that can run

Wiley needs to make only one cut. He’s not shifty enough to be jumping back and forth.

Bateman peaking on that play

should’ve caught it

Ahh, a nice palate cleansing Busch Latte, is just what the Doctor ordered after that Backwoods Bastard. A rare punt for us. Cmon D!

My My

Half time score 27 - 7
Total YardsGophers 340139

My score pick was Gophers 35 - 24 but it looks like you can add 14 more points for the Gophers!

Lol at that throw from Illinois QB on 3rd down, not gonna fly at this level!

Is Maryland this good or is PSU this bad?
A little of Maryland being a lot better than most thought (I thought they would go 0-9)

a little of penn state being disinterested

Nubin seems to be playing a lot faster.
Yup. I was saying that above. I think the coaching staff told him to worry less about coverage responsibilities and come downhill harder in run support. He's doing that a LOT better this week.

I think it's fair to say hold any judgment on improvement till Friday night
Oh, no doubt that will be a MUCH stiffer test, but just fundamentally MN is playing WAY better on defense. Setting an edge, not running upfield, safeties coming down in run support, etc. It's nice to see even incremental improveemnt...that's all I'm saying.

BTW, Deangelo Carter will be a BEAST in time. Another huge pass rush on that 3rd down.

Top Bottom