***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Haha no doubt
There is plenty of NIL nationally for anyone whom leads a team like the Gophers to a deep NCAA run. This NIL is not just school thing....its a national thing. CC isn't just getting NIL from Iowa...she is making more than most men do from national brands.

Dang. Good game but they couldn’t figure out how to guard these guys. Season is over now IMO, short of winning the BT Tourney
There are three more regular season games to win and finish over .500 in B10 play, which has happened a handful of times this century and build for next season.

Illinois is one of the few teams in the country skilled enough offensively for that to happen. Shoot like that against pretty much anyone else and it is an easy win.
They made so many shots down the stretch that were practically unguardable without fouling.

Am I the only one irked we gave up 105?
I'm taking a wild guess that points will be a bit tougher for them to to come by when they play Wisconsin.

Illinois is good, but the Gopher defense was embarrassing. Gave up 20 more than the Illinois season average. Too many open looks, and the Illini built confidence as the evening wore on.

Did you see IL missing foul shots?

I was fine playing it out, much more enjoyable to watch.
only 76% from FT so had to miss some...time is more valuable especially when your team is shooting 70% from 3 PT land...50 seconds is a lot of time if you extend it out.

There is plenty of NIL nationally for anyone whom leads a team like the Gophers to a deep NCAA run. This NIL is not just school thing....its a national thing. CC isn't just getting NIL from Iowa...she is making more than most men do from national brands.
She’s an outlier and there is on one of here.

She has a higher profile than any college man’s player in a while m.

There are three more regular season games to win and finish over .500 in B10 play, which has happened a handful of times this century and build for next season.
Ok. Making the dance is what I was talking about. Yes it would be nice to be over .500 in BT.
NIT or moral victories really isn’t what I’m interested in.

Very surprised BJ didn’t throw some zone. Illini just too big, strong and experienced for us to defend. That was my concern going in

Ok. Making the dance is what I was talking about. Yes it would be nice to be over .500 in BT.
NIT or moral victories really isn’t what I’m interested in.
I never mentioned moral victories, did I?

Not getting blown on a road by a top 15 team, who we were not competitive against, last season, just like Purdue is a sign of progress and that we are moving in the right direction. We need some more 🐴 and that will come.

You generally don’t go from a to f, without going through b,c,d &e first.

Win the next three, secure b10 winning record and go have a good conference tournament and make the NIT. Put us in line for NCAA next year.

I’m very happy with that trajectory. It’s a process and takes time. I don’t think making the tournament in the 4th year is off putting from where we started.

People want results, but results are from a process and it requires patience.

Last edited:

When they lower shoulders you need to set and take a charge or two...that will stop that play in a hurry.
Agreed, but the NCAa really ruined this part of the game this season. Made it way too easy.

I'm taking a wild guess that points will be a bit tougher for them to to come by when they play Wisconsin.

Illinois is good, but the Gopher defense was embarrassing. Gave up 20 more than the Illinois season average. Too many open looks, and the Illini built confidence as the evening wore on.
Disagree... both teams were shooting lights out

That Wisconsin team that hasn’t been able to stop anyone the last 8-9 games, that has lost 6 of 8? Yeah, I’m sure they’re scary. Illinois is one of top 3-4 offensive teams in the nation. They didn’t miss, and the defense wasn’t embarrassing. Illinois was really good.

Only going 7 deep doesn't seem ideal for making a deep BT tourney run.
This isn’t the NBA. There are very few teams going deeper than 7, maybe an eighth. Jay Wright won a few Natty’s and never played more than six any meaningful minutes. Illinois played seven tonight. Auburn played 8 tonight against TN. TN played 7 meaningful minutes. Nebraska played primarily seven against us. This idea that you’ll play 9-10 guys is not college basketball.

Neither offense could miss.....crazy to see points scored like that in a college game. Honestly felt like both teams were playing decent defense but the shots were just falling.
That’s the most combined points scored in a B10 game in 50 years, per the post game show.

It was an anomaly and we basically just watched a once in a lifetime event.

Both teams shot 60% from the floor - can’t ever recall seeing that either.

That Wisconsin team that hasn’t been able to stop anyone the last 8-9 games, that has lost 6 of 8? Yeah, I’m sure they’re scary. Illinois is one of top 3-4 offensive teams in the nation. They didn’t miss, and the defense wasn’t embarrassing. Illinois was really good.
You're saying you have the over?

Top Bottom