***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BOUNCE-BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

To do what? Win the big ten?
Did Illinois win the big ten and I missed it?
Has now defeated Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. Could win the West as defense is the key, but he has a great running back and a clutch passer, too. I don't see him beating Ohio State, though. Also, Bielema is now 9-0 against the Gophers.

This was the tale of the game. Illinois played keep away football. Our defense was in third and long quite a bit and couldn't convert stops. Offense could not sustain drives. Just Abad football fame all around.
Illinois played the game that we try to play and they just did it better than us.

Has now defeated Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. Could win the West as defense is the key, but he has a great running back and a clutch passer, too. I don't see him beating Ohio State, though. Also, Bielema is now 9-0 against the Gophers.
I mean you compared him to specific years of specific coaches

And you said he did it in year two when it took Alvarez X and fry Y

What did Alvarez and fry do in those years you mentioned that Bb has done?

Tanner today: completed 4 of 12 passes for 21 yards; DeVito, 25 of 32 for 252 yards. De Vito made one clutch play after another (as did his receivers).

Bielema's job of rebuilding Illinois may be the fastest rise of any BT team in decades. Even Barry Alvarez took five years, Hayden Fry three. This is not the first time a seemingly good Minnesota team has been ambushed in Illinois. The tradition goes way back,
Transfer portal definitely speeds up a rebuild

It's not fair to say Athan isn't ready because he threw an INT when forced to push the ball 20+ yards downfield or lose the game. He also probably got something close to 0 reps with the starting O in practice this week.

However, I don't think the Gophers chances on the LOS against Penn State are going to be very good and he's going to end up running for his life if things don't improve quickly.

I mean you compared him to specific years of specific coaches

And you said he did it in year two when it took Alvarez X and fry Y

What did Alvarez and fry do in those years you mentioned that Bb has done?
In his 5th year, Alvarez won the B10 title and went to the Rose Bowl. had only one loss: Minnesota. Fry, in third year upset Nebraska, went 8-4 and made it to the Rose Bowl.

In his 5th year, Alvarez won the B10 title and went to the Rose Bowl. had only one loss: Minnesota. Fry, in third year upset Nebraska, went 8-4 and made it to the Rose Bowl.
I would say this is probably going to end up a better fry comparison than Alvarez comparison

Wright should be benched. Fleck is going to lose this team quickly.
I think he loses part of the team consistently when he plays and advocates for “his guys” who aren’t that good. Maybe we can’t absorb 12-14 transfers a year by the kids who don’t buy into his schtick?

I think he loses part of the team consistently when he plays and advocates for “his guys” who aren’t that good. Maybe we can’t absorb 12-14 transfers a year by the kids who don’t buy into his schtick?
Besides maybe Morgan, who are you talking about?

And it's year 2 of Bielema. Year 6 of PJ.

I don't like that.
PJ's weakness may be recruiting. He and his staff do a good job developing 3-stars, but rarely pull in 4 and 5 star recruits, plus the NIL took away Bucky Irving, who may have made a difference today (he is Oregon's leading rusher as a true sophomore). Add USC and UCLA, and middling teams like Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan State, maybe Nebraska depending on who the new coach is, will struggle.

I'm just ready to take a look at AK. Bummer that this is how it went down.

The potential of the offense is just so capped with Morgan. Add in poor receiver play and a Morgan-led offense has zero chance.

The offense with AK might still suck but there's more upside. I'll live with the downside. He can move a little bit and hopefully we see some of that.

Illinois looks pretty damn good. Probably not going to play with O$U bit they look legit. Don’t see how they mess up winning the west now but who knows. Pre season I thought it would be a slug out in Madison for the west title but it doesn’t look like it.

Illinois looks pretty damn good. Probably not going to play with O$U bit they look legit. Don’t see how they mess up winning the west now but who knows. Pre season I thought it would be a slug out in Madison for the west title but it doesn’t look like it.
Winner of Illinois-Purdue will likely win the west. Man that's tough to hear.

Top Bottom