***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BUTLER NIT FIRST ROUND IN-GAME POST-SEASON BASKETBALL(!!!) THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
WE'VE GOT POST-SEASON BASKETBALL GOPHERS FANS!!!!! Yes, not the tournament we'd aspire towards, but a tournament no-less. More Gopher basketball is fun. And fun is fun!

Hinkle Fieldhouse is historic similar to Williams Arena. Of course it's home to where Jimmy Chitwood hit his iconic shot and said the three most famous words in movie history "I'll make it." And sure enough he did.

Ben Johnson will now roam the same sidelines as Norman Dale.

We're in it, we might as well make a deep run.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven't the gophers lost every time you started the thread a day early? there's probably a cause/effect there somewhere Stan

so far line is Butler by 3.5

Last edited:

Should be a very competitive away game. If MN/SMU end up playing, have they worked out the schedule in the Barn? Let's make a good run in the tourney for momentum into next year.

Won’t be able to see it (traveling), or DVR it (don’t have ESPNU). Tough draw for our boys. They will need to play smart and with a passion. Hit shots! Go Gophers!

Not sure where to post this.

The Big East conference leaders and coaches disapprove that only 3 Big East teams made the NCAA tournament.

The selection dynamics this year were "interesting." Some teams opted out. The Gophers are in via the escape hatch.

But we'll take it!

Over in football, it looks like Big Ten and SEC get slight preferential treatment over other conferences.

It's good to be in the B1G.

WE'VE GOT POST-SEASON BASKETBALL GOPHERS FANS!!!!! Yes, not the tournament we'd aspire towards, but a tournament no-less. More Gopher basketball is fun. And fun is fun!

Hinkle Fieldhouse is historic similar to Williams Arena. Of course it's home to where Jimmy Chitwood hit his iconic shot and said the three most famous words in movie history "I'll make it." And sure enough he did.

Ben Johnson will now roam the same sidelines as Norman Dale.

We're in it, we might as well make a deep run.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hickory!!!!!

The Big East conference leaders and coaches disapprove that only 3 Big East teams made the NCAA tournament.

The selection dynamics this year were "interesting." Some teams opted out. The Gophers are in via the escape hatch.

But we'll take it!

Over in football, it looks like Big Ten and SEC get slight preferential treatment over other conferences.

What a coincidence! The women's team made the NIT too!

Is Mark Coyle really the puppet master getting them in?

I think that St. John's is the only one with a legitimate complaint. I wonder if they would have accepted an NIT bid if the finals were still played at Madison Square Garden.

In an 11 team league, the Big East had two teams combine for a 2-38 conference record so that should have helped to boost the remaining teams' records. They did get a 16-17 team (Xavier) into the NIT. To my knowledge, that is the only team to ever make the NIT with a losing record.

But we'll take it!

Why didn't Syracuse get in? Huge fan base and big TV $$$. Really surprised unless they opted out

Why didn't Syracuse get in? Huge fan base and big TV $$$. Really surprised unless they opted out

Wondered the same thing. Just found this.

Syracuse men's basketball has released a statement regarding the Orange not being included in the NIT field, stating it opted out prior to the field being selected. This statement was provided to All Syracuse from an SU Athletics spokesperson.

Any sort of bench production would be great. CBJ can’t coach like he has done the last six games.

Attachments

• IMG_3684.jpeg
    IMG_3684.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8

The NIT is so prestigious that handfuls of teams opt out.

I do not have ESPNU.

I do have ESPN+ and their schedule does show the Gopher game listed for tonight.

Normally, games on ESPNU are not also shown on ESPN+. I guess I'll find out at 8:00pm tonight.

Top Bottom