***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This shooting for MSU is sure making up for their atrocious shooting here last year. My god. They can’t miss anything.

I mean I won’t be too mad if we lose this one. Fought well but we just couldn’t catch a break tonight. Offense needs to get figured out tho.

Usually better teams play better defense. Hence why they are better.
You’re judging off one game when there is a larger sample size. Why? To fit a narrative.
Making progress. 8 minutes to one game. Tell us the rankings vs shooting % we should expect.

I mean I won’t be too mad if we lose this one. Fought well but we just couldn’t catch a break tonight. Offense needs to get figured out tho.
I just wish we could have kept it close. The casual fans just started paying attention and will now tune right back out. Missed opportunity.

I don't understand why they keep going back to the 3 when it isn't working.

Stephens has been really quiet tonight. Tough time finding space. Michigan St always plays good defense. And they are hitting shots even when guarded well.

MSU is clearly the better team, but MN shows signs of life and should win some games. Hopefully we can rely on the bench for points otherwise it could get ugly at times this season.

I’d have liked to see a better game but wow, Michigan State really shot well. They played like a top tier team. As hard as this Gopher team tries, they can’t keep up with a team this good that plays this well.

Obviously, this is a much, much better team than that one.
Pencil MSU into the Sweet 16 on your bracket.
Maybe. We’ll see. They were ranked last year and made the tournament. This shooting performance is ridiculous

That shot clock should not have reset - Battle never had possession.

Sparty seems like a bad match up for us their size and athleticism is a lot to handle. When our jumpers aren’t falling we can’t rely on drawing fouls or getting second chance points against a team like this so we’re basically screwed.

Willis has got his work cut out for him guarding these quick, talented guys in the Big 10

using a game to compare to a previous season or seasons is idiotic. If you wanna troll be better at it
You initiated the comparison of ranking vs shooting %. I didn’t say season. I said this game. Lay by your dish.

I just wish we could have kept it close. The casual fans just started paying attention and will now tune right back out. Missed opportunity.
Agreed, I've been a casual fan since 2018-19 and came to this one, not sure if I'll be back this year. It's one thing to lose but losing by double digits at home is frustrating. The game day experience is worse than I remember which doesn't help either.

I do like that they keep fighting, the last two years it seems like they'd give up once they were down by 10+ and it would just keep getting worse.

Top Bottom