***OFFICIAL MIAMI OF OHIO AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

How bad are Williams, Thomas, and Irving if Wiley is clearly ahead of them?

I think PJF has his favorites sometimes for reasons other than on field but 🤷‍♂️. Maybe blocking or other.

Why do we keep running into a loaded box on 1st and 2nd and then pass, predictably, on 3rd and long? 100% predictable. Playing right into the overloaded strength of the defense. So weird. The greatest enemy of an offense is absolute predictability. Why refuse to confuse or stress a defense? Gophers want an “identity”—the identity is predictability, I guess. Miami is playing to win. We are playing to … I’m not sure.

Gonna be another long season with Sanford at the helm. Would love to see us just say we’re going to go out and score 40 on teams clearly inferior to us, but we’re hell bent to let teams easily gameplan for us and stay in the game

Is this where the Gophs make the backup QB look like a Heisman contender?

Edit: Never mind, I see Gabbert back in. Hell with it. Make him look like a Heisman too.

Why do we keep running into a loaded box on 1st and 2nd and then pass, predictably, on 3rd and long? 100% predictable. Playing right into the overloaded strength of the defense. So weird. The greatest enemy of an offense is absolute predictability. Why refuse to confuse or stress a defense? Gophers want an “identity”—the identity is predictability, I guess. Miami is playing to win. We are playing to … I’m not sure.
I can't stand that playcalling

Very frustrated by the lack of effort.

Predictable offense and a siv defense = up 4 at home 4th quarter to a MAC team

D struggling more than it should.

I almost wish we were behind because that's when Sanford is forced to even up the play calling.

Our defense is fucking pathetic and it is time for PJ to start taking some serious heat about it. I don’t know if it’s coaching, talent or both, but it clearly isn’t up to par. This looks like a 4-5 win team at best to me. Forget Wisconsin or Iowa, can you see our linebackers and secondary trying to cover what Maryland or Purdue is going to put on the field??

Fingers crossed this is a 2019 esque slow start since we had similar struggles and concerns at the beginning of 2019, but I'm not confident....

Shades of Jerry Kill O

Outscored 10-0 this half. This game is shaping up to be as competitive as our 2015 5-7 team's victory over another MACC team, Central Michigan, in the Quick Lane Bowl.

Top Bottom