Official Melt Down Thread

This is the least of their problems. OL very disappointing. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. But I'm done. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been thinking about it for awhile. It is never going to get any better. It is what it is. We are losing to a terrible Iowa team that we beat the last two years when we had supposedly worse teams. I'm done getting excited only to be let down over and over. I'll spend my money on something else.

This sounds like the definition of a knee jerk reaction.

I like Kill, but this one is on him (and the Coordinators). Everyone knew Iowa was desperate, and this is a Rivalry game. The team was not prepared to play, and our play calling was very suspect. The Chippewas put up 32 at Kinnick last week. There is no excuse for not being competitive at all. Sure, lose the game, but don't look like a high school team in the process.

I always think when a team comes out extremely flat that some of that blame is on the coaches. However, all this talk about play calling is nonsense. What playcalls are you annoyed about? They have mixed it up, we just aren't passing or running the ball well.

This is the least of their problems. OL very disappointing. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years. But I'm done. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been thinking about it for awhile. It is never going to get any better. It is what it is. We are losing to a terrible Iowa team that we beat the last two years when we had supposedly worse teams. I'm done getting excited only to be let down over and over. I'll spend my money on something else.

This is a knee jerk reaction.

Go Gophers!!

We're seeing the team's weaknesses and they are plentiful as we knew they were. However this is a much better team than last year. This game is highlighting our shortcomings in the offensive line and stopping the run. We knew those were issuers but in many other areas we are greatly improved.

This is a program moving in the correct direction. Go Gophers!

We were pretty far down and it's quite a long way up for us so maybe it's not a completely far fetched result?

We beat Iowa the last 2 years, Iowa has been struggling and we are under the belief we are on the up an up. If we are playing wisky fine, don't make bull *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# excuses for today vs Iowa

We beat Iowa the last 2 years, Iowa has been struggling and we are under the belief we are on the up an up. If we are playing wisky fine, don't make bull *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# excuses for today vs Iowa

Last two years don't matter, this is here and now. And I don't know what excuse you think I made.

Shortell's seems to have more problems throwing the long ball than MG. he's under thrown at least 5 or 6 receivers that were beyond the defense.

if we arent cometitive vs one of our biggest rivals when iowa is on the way down and we are on the way up, when do we overreact?

the fact of the matter is we have not won in iowa city in 13 years. we obviously underplayed the iowa run offense vs. minnesota run defense matchup all week. we are not talented enough yet to overcome the miscues and mental mistakes we have made today to beat a big ten team on the road.

However, I will NOT throw away the evidence of improvement in the 2011 season combined with the 4-0 start of this season. You can talk about the competition we played but we could not beat teams of similar talent level the past 2 years!

Besides, what does overreacting do anyways? Nothing. Let the season play itself out. I am sure Jerry will use the bye week and the gophers will come out and play well in the latter half of the season. I ain't scurrrrred

"We're young", "lots of injuries"... I think you'll hear these a lot over the next two weeks.

It's just not a very good team. Gotta hope to get 2 or 3 more wins somehow, someway.

This reminds me so much of a dear friend I lost this year. I think he said something along those lines every single year while we sat together at games. But no matter how strongly he vowed never to return, he always came back. And on Homecoming, his son and grandson will be sitting with me watching the Gophers play Northwestern, and we will share a laugh or two remembering his meltdowns.

I lost my old friend, but I am glad to have Gopherhole to remind me of him after every Gopher loss.

Stoudermire was a catastrophe. Again. His man scored easily on the flea flicker and he cost us a lot of yards trying to return one that he should have kneeled in the endzone. He is just not a smart player, reminds us of it week in and week out (especially when he yells at a coach demanding a challenge on a play where he clearly fumbled and then quits the team on Facebook), and should get out of the way.

Stoudermire was a catastrophe. Again. His man scored easily on the flea flicker and he cost us a lot of yards trying to return one that he should have kneeled in the endzone. He is just not a smart player, reminds us of it week in and week out (especially when he yells at a coach demanding a challenge on a play where he clearly fumbled and then quits the team on Facebook), and should get out of the way.

He actually ran that kick out to about the 22 yardline, an illegal block in the back call that was not his fault put us inside the 5.

He actually ran that kick out to about the 22 yardline, an illegal block in the back call that was not his fault put us inside the 5.

Without the penalty, he still put us three yards short of where he would have been if he had taken a knee, and he got there with the benefit of a block in the back.

We're seeing the team's weaknesses and they are plentiful as we knew they were. However this is a much better team than last year. This game is highlighting our shortcomings in the offensive line and stopping the run. We knew those were issuers but in many other areas we are greatly improved.

This is a program moving in the correct direction. Go Gophers!

First off I agree this is only one game and it should not define the season. That being said how can you say this is a much better team then last year based on what you saw today? The team beat Iowa the past two years and Iowa has played like dog crap most of this season to date. Losing is one thing but we looked terrible against a team we should at the very least expect to be competitive with based on how they have played this year.

Not going to be a fun bye week for the team. You can bet the coaches will be all over them for the next two weeks after that performance.

Yeah, we beat Iowa last year. We also lost to New Mexico State, North Dakota State, lost to Michigan 58-0, and got curbstomped by Purdue (Purdue!)

I think people are starting to realize that we're still not a good football team, but there's no question we're better than we were last year.

The sky isn't falling, guys. I mean we are in year two of an entirely new system and we're 4-1. Sure, it wasn't pretty, but we're re-building a program and that isn't easy. In Kill we trust.

The sky isn't falling, guys. I mean we are in year two of an entirely new system and we're 4-1. Sure, it wasn't pretty, but we're re-building a program and that isn't easy. In Kill we trust.

I don't thing anyone thinks th sky is falling. Rather people are seeing that the OL and th DL are still 2 of the bottom tier units in the conference. Until those units are upgraded conference wins are going to be tough to come by.

I like Kill, but this one is on him (and the Coordinators). Everyone knew Iowa was desperate, and this is a Rivalry game. The team was not prepared to play, and our play calling was very suspect. The Chippewas put up 32 at Kinnick last week. There is no excuse for not being competitive at all. Sure, lose the game, but don't look like a high school team in the process.

Our offense seems to be a play-not-to-lose one, the long balls (which never seemed to connect) being the notable exception. Haven't seen a screen pass in a long time, no misdirection, runners starting way behind the line. Passing on third down under pressure. Not much imagination there...

Yeah, we beat Iowa last year. We also lost to New Mexico State, North Dakota State, lost to Michigan 58-0, and got curbstomped by Purdue (Purdue!)

I think people are starting to realize that we're still not a good football team, but there's no question we're better than we were last year.

I don't think some of us agree with you. One game....calm down.

I agree 100%.

I understand the coaching staffs desire to interject speed everywhere. Unfortunately we will probably be pushed around like this a lot in conference play.

We are better than we were last year, but here we sit still just trying to get back to where we were 5 years ago. 6-6 will be a good year. Twins fans who want Gardy's head on a plate, should think twice.

We had one senior starting on offense (Rabe), expecting that we are going to be consistent is crazy. Young teams have ups and downs.

We knew we were undersized on defense and that our LB corp lacks depth, talent and size...and it showed today.

Our D-Line is young...very young...and undersized because of the youth.

I believe we have the basic necessities to go to a bowl this year and continue to improve over the next couple of years (especially if we can get a difference maker at RB in this class).

Just my 2-cents.

The only part of the game I liked today was Kill & Limegrover calling 5-6 QB runs on the last drive. As if to say, "you guys may quit but we won't" and "if you can't take care of the ball when passing it Max, we'll run you into the teeth of the defense instead". Max to his credit responded with toughness and poise leading them to the final TD.

These guys are still really young. It's easy to forget that.

Yup. I thought this would be a difficult game for us to win, but this is humiliating. Just like last year, the players look like they'd rather be home playing Xbox.

Really? That's why the defense shut them out in the second half and they outscored them. I'm sure you and Bob are a lot tougher. LMAO

Really? That's why the defense shut them out in the second half and they outscored them. I'm sure you and Bob are a lot tougher. LMAO
They showed heart in the second half, which I said elsewhere, but there's nothing I said at that point that wasn't true. Should I go back through your old posts and respond to them out of context?

LB's looked like the weren't making the proper reads. Usually either offensive lineman or running backs. Very slow to react.

Top Bottom