***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Failure is growth. Except for when you don't learn from failure. Ex: final drive of the 1st half.
Learning from failure is growth. Failing to learn is less than that. Just like you said. They Bowling Greened themselves. But I look forward to improvement in the second half.

They managed the timeouts fine. But you need like 15 timeouts if you plan to run it every play.
Really? Burned one early for no reason (again). Took one too early during the final drive stalling momentum. Used two at the end when you didn't need to because of poor play calling. Called stupid play when you don't have any more timeouts. Burn enough time for two plays and looking confused before spiking the ball. Having Maryland call a time out and still being confused and unprepared to get off a basic special teams play.

apparently that = Elite

Gophers will score on the first possession of the 2nd half. Maryland has shown no life on defense.
We gave them life heading to the locker room. TD to close the half plus getting ball first would have been huge.

Better get pts on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr, or this game is going to get tough to win.

Really? Burned one early for no reason (again). Took one too early during the final drive stalling momentum. Used two at the end when you didn't need to because of poor play calling. Called stupid play when you don't have any more timeouts. Burn enough time for two plays and looking confused before spiking the ball. Having Maryland call a time out and still being confused and unprepared to get off a basic special teams play.

apparently that = Elite
Lol he didn’t take one too early, you do realize time stops on first downs in college? He took the early one thinking they’d get the first down so it essentially acted as two timeouts.

This is Fleck saying I have zero confidence in Tanner Morgan. Despite all the words he says.

There can be no other reason
I couldn't agree more. One: Fleck has proven, time and time again, he is a poor in-game coach. He struggles mightly at the end of halves with the clock and not being aggressive for touchdowns.

Two: Fleck can throw all the accolades he wants at Morgan through the media, his actions show he does not truly trust his QB. You have a SR QB and you don't trust him to throw the ball to Autman-Bell in a 3-minute drill to end the half???

Absolutely embarrassing. Gophs should be up 3 TDs. The players are giving everything they have. Shitty play calling.
I’d be pissed if I’m a player. That sequence screams of not trusting your players.
Was thinking the same thing. It's like saying directly to Morgan and Autman-Bell, "Sorry but you are just not good enough"

Gophers completed five passes in the first half. Running game going well, but imagine if there was a passing game to go with it. Autman-Bell and Wright are playing today.

That is a little hitch on PJ that I noticed. It is like all of a sudden he doesn't have the confidence in the scheme working or his players suddenly.

They have not learned a thing from the BGSU debacle!

First, why call a timeout with 1:09 when they had the momentum? Then, why did they not attempt a pass? This is killing me!
Coming out 2nd & 7 with 32 seconds left and no timeouts and to run? This was a deliberate decision by PJ that he was comfortable with a 7-point lead going into halftime. This is what PJ does. Get a little bit of a lead, no matter when, and he immediately plays for the end of the game.

The sad band effort at the end of the half was emblematic. Whether protecting a lead, or not trusting the passing game, or protection a message has been sent.

Go down swinging, at least. Relying on a spotty kicker is not wise.

That is a little hitch on PJ that I noticed. It is like all of a sudden he doesn't have the confidence in the scheme working or his players suddenly.
I wonder if he is gaining confidence in his defense, and that’s adding fire to his conservative approach to the offense.

Coming out 2nd & 7 with 32 seconds left and no timeouts and to run? This was a deliberate decision by PJ that he was comfortable with a 7-point lead going into halftime. This is what PJ does. Get a little bit of a lead, no matter when, and he immediately plays for the end of the game.
And that is what is so frustrating. He doesn't even try to improve the score.

If the Gophers want to be elite PJ, they must have a killer instinct!

Brett Bulima beats PSU today because he gambles and is willing to take a chance that he might win.

Top Bottom