***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This is Fleck saying I have zero confidence in Tanner Morgan. Despite all the words he says.

There can be no other reason

They have not learned a thing from the BGSU debacle!

First, why call a timeout with 1:09 when they had the momentum? Then, why did they not attempt a pass? This is killing me!

M giving us chances with dumb penalties and our running game is solid. Shaky 7 pt lead that should have been more. Fleck makes more bad decisions. Players have to question his decisions. Let’s see if culture will win out or M skill rules.

I don’t agree with what they did to end e half, but three points would’ve been huge there, especially if they come out and score another td, 17 point lead would be a very tough hill to climb.
3 pts there is what you settle for, not what you plan for. And let's not pretend it's a big surprise the FG wasn't successful.

Fucking AWFUL decision making. Pathetic.

This is Fleck saying I have zero confidence in Tanner Morgan. Despite all the words he says.

There can be no other reason
Problem is, he had done the same exact thing time and time and time again.

Its why I wanted Mason gone.

I don’t agree with what they did to end e half, but three points would’ve been huge there, especially if they come out and score another td, 17 point lead would be a very tough hill to climb.

Wasn't last year in College Park.....

3 pts there is what you settle for, not what you plan for.

Fucking AWFUL decision making. Pathetic.
And a 38 yard FG with this kicker is a 50/50 shot. To keep running inside a minute like that is inexcusable.

I wonder if anyone has had a candid conversation with PJ about this type of play calling.

i think if youd want to be a better coach, you would evolve certain parts of your game
He’s totally risk adverse. Even though by playing that way you can lose games you should not.

It’s the coach calling or over ruling these plays especially at the end of the half.
I wasn't too worried when he took the last timeout. But when he ran and lost yards on the play after, I started to get angry and vociferous about my disgust. If that is Suckford, then he need to go. If that is Suckford being under PJs thumb, then PJ need a nut punch.

Team Stats. Halftime
Game Stats
Maryland
Minnesota
First Downs615
Rushing Attempts1527
Rushing Yards40175
Rushing Avg2.76.5
Receptions75
Receiving Yards11673
Receiving Avg16.614.6
Passing Yards11673
Pass C-A-I7-10-05-9-0
Plays-Yards25-15636-248
Yards/Play6.246.89
Kick Return Yards0-01-20
Punt Return Yards0-00-0
Interception-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Lost0-00-0
Penalties6-652-20
Punts2-50.50-NaN
Possession12:5017:10
3rd Down Eff2-54-7
4th Down Eff0-00-0
THANKS FOR SHARING, WHAT IS CLEAR IS THAT WE HAVE A DEFENSE WHERE OUR OFFENSE CAN DEFAULT AGGRESSIVE.

Failure is growth. Except for when you don't learn from failure. Ex: final drive of the 1st half.

Either his OC Is calling these plays or he doesn't trust him and is over-ruling him. Either way, fire Sanford.
That has me thinking. I made a post earlier about the almost the same thing.

Man. It is one of the worst during PJ tenure. I dont think there is trust among PJ, Sanford and players. That's why they resorted to this type of pathetic attempts.

Gophers will score on the first possession of the 2nd half. Maryland has shown no life on defense.

What don’t Minnesota fans understand about fleck. He wants to run the ball minimum 60% of the time regardless of the score and if they are winning run the ball 70% of the time. With this score I bet Morgan doesn’t throw the ball 10 times in the second half.
He loves to talk but when it comes to play calling and showing guts that’s not him. He’s as conservative as any coach in the country.

Top Bottom