***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

They're waiting until it REALLY costs us something big before they make a change

That missed/blocked FG was the absolute predictable result of some of the worst play-calling imaginable. Criminally negligent and not the first time this season. I seriously am questioning if Mike Sanford is not point shaving. Why are the football teams in Minnesota afraid to score touchdowns. Words can not explain the stupidity of the play calling at the end of the half.
Hit nail on head.

Team Stats. Halftime
Game Stats
Maryland
Minnesota
First Downs615
Rushing Attempts1527
Rushing Yards40175
Rushing Avg2.76.5
Receptions75
Receiving Yards11673
Receiving Avg16.614.6
Passing Yards11673
Pass C-A-I7-10-05-9-0
Plays-Yards25-15636-248
Yards/Play6.246.89
Kick Return Yards0-01-20
Punt Return Yards0-00-0
Interception-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Lost0-00-0
Penalties6-652-20
Punts2-50.50-NaN
Possession12:5017:10
3rd Down Eff2-54-7
4th Down Eff0-00-0

No shots into the end zone, burn the time out you could use to get the FG unit out, absolutely horrendous! This game could easily be tied right now with a more fortunate bounce on the FG block… yikes!

Look, it's not Sanford here.... Do you think Sanford is the one making the decision "hmm... i wanna play for the field goal here!" ? No, that's Fleck... Sanford only does what Fleck wanted to get out of it. Now, the playcalling, that's a different story. I like that the run game has been working, but that doesn't mean you run 80% of it, you have to balance it so keep the defense on their toes. Terrible game management again... Fleck is clueless.

Terrible management, it felt like you had them on the ropes and then that timeout call with a minute left. It should have been, sped up tempo and hammer it home. But the drive is over. Booing was called for, they pay the money to see the product. That being said, up at the half, get the ball to start the 2nd. Let's not let that deter anything. I'll take that half. Onto the 2nd.

Gophers have been brutal in the 3rd quarter this year as well. Going into the half on the sour note, let's see if it's the same old effort in the 3rd.

Why, because he doesn’t save them for a two minute drill that we never run anyways?
A bit nuanced, but yeah, his game management is worse than his time management (which is also not good).

I don’t agree with what they did to end e half, but three points would’ve been huge there, especially if they come out and score another td, 17 point lead would be a very tough hill to climb.

They start the drive with a 21 yard completion to Ko Kieft.

Follow it up with 8 running plays and a missed FG?

Why are you putting your team in the fate of your special teams unit when you know they are inconsistent at best?

Inexcusable play calling with an experienced 5th year senior .

Gophers have been brutal in the 3rd quarter this year as well. Going into the half on the sour note, let's see if it's the same old effort in the 3rd.
That's got me worried about a team they should be up by a mile.

That missed/blocked FG was the absolute predictable result of some of the worst play-calling imaginable. Criminally negligent and not the first time this season. I seriously am questioning if Mike Sanford is not point shaving. Why are the football teams in Minnesota afraid to score touchdowns. Words can not explain the stupidity of the play calling at the end of the half.
We have come to expect this with PJ. Look at Bowling Green playing calling. Iowa in 2019 conservative game plan. Punting from WI 37 yard line on 4th and 2. Playing not to lose at end of PSU game.

You’d think he’d learn.

Top Bottom