***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Momentum. That’s what we’ve got. Time to keep our rhythm, build off it and get 3 in a row.

Doesn’t need to be pretty. Get the W.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping we come out with a gameplan very similar to the one we used against Nebraska on both offense and defense. If we come out like we did in the first half against Nebraska I like our chances of going into halftime with a big lead against Maryland.

Need the good D and good punting to put us in the position to win. Either of those falter and it will put tremendous pressure on the O that might not put up a lot of points.

That said...what do I know? Very much looking forward to a great day for football in the Fall. Have a feeling it will be a cool November. Need to enjoy this 2:30 start for sure.

Need the good D and good punting to put us in the position to win. Either of those falter and it will put tremendous pressure on the O that might not put up a lot of points.

That said...what do I know? Very much looking forward to a great day for football in the Fall. Have a feeling it will be a cool November. Need to enjoy this 2:30 start for sure.
We managed to score 30 last week on a much better defense than the one we will be facing tomorrow. Maryland defense is not good, we should be able to put some points on the board against these guys.

We can't take anything for granted. Maryland is getting some players back from injuries after Bye Week. This is a one-game playoff until the next game.

Taconite baby!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody beats Taconite! Robin of Locksley goes down. 52-10 Gophs

Going to need lots of points in this one. 38 should be just enough. 30 won't win.

Do it.

This game is a big challenge for the Gophers. We need to establish an identity on D and solidify how they played against CU, PU and NU. The offense has been hit and miss but the D seems to have the potential to be dependable and capable of protecting a lead. Of course ST play has to do their part as well and be an asset rather than a liability.

The next three weeks are critical games that the Gophers must win and establish themselves as a legitimate contender for the BIG West crown going against the Hogeyes, And hen put away IU and Becky.

That's a tall order but IMO, the Gopher D is the key to it all.

I am unable to watch the full game. My daughter doesn't have ESPN. The DVR hopefully works this time.

If we want to take it to the next level, we must give 110 per cent on the offensive side of the football. Whether our game plan has us put air under the ball or gain real estate with our feet, we need to sustain drives no matter how much laundry the officials drop on the gridiron and put points up on the board.. (Did I include all the shopworn sports jargon?)

Don’t miss extra points today

flecks record against Maryland without AWJr is abysmal

I am feeling reasonably confident about the Gopher Defense.

the Offense still scares me. Fleck and Sanford have to be able to set aside their natural tendency to be conservative. Without Mo or Potts, I truly believe the Gophers have to pass to set up the run. They need to be willing to throw on every down. Get all the receivers involved. Throw to the TE's. throw to the RB's. Let Kramer throw out of the Wildcat set. Don't be predictable.

And for the luvva pete, if you get a team down, don't take the foot off the gas. Keep throwing. Go for the big strike and keep scoring points.

I am unable to watch the full game. My daughter doesn't have ESPN. The DVR hopefully works this time.
Do you have cable or a streaming service at home? You could sign into the ESPN app with your cable info.

Going to need lots of points in this one. 38 should be just enough. 30 won't win.

Do it.

Against Power 5 teams (West Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, and Ohio State), Maryland is averaging 20.25 points per game. Their overall scoring numbers are inflated due to a 62-0 victory over Howard, a 2-4 FCS school. They only got to 30 points in one of those P5 games: a 30-24 victory over West Virginia in their first game of the season. In contrast, we've reached 30 points against 3 of the 4 P5 teams we've played.

Illinois held them to 20 points in a 17-20 loss. Illinois' defense is not bad but I don't think it's better than ours. I certainly think our defense is much better now than it was when we played Maryland in the second game of last season.

Last edited:

Without Mo or Potts, I truly believe the Gophers have to pass to set up the run. They need to be willing to throw on every down. Get all the receivers involved.

And for the luvva pete, if you get a team down, don't take the foot off the gas. Keep throwing. Go for the big strike and keep scoring points.

Call me unduly optimistic, but I think the coaches likely understand the first point.

As to the second (not taking the foot off the pedal), I'm far less confident of that one. When watching the second half Gopher offense, I sometimes wish the refs would give stalling warnings or penalties like they do in amateur wrestling.

I didn't realize Brock Vereen was a talking head on BTN this year. He's one of the analysts on BTN Tailgate.

Keep it rolling. I think they come out throwing like last game. If Tanner is on with his throws and doesn't turn the ball over, we roll in this game. I think our defense has shown us it can play and sounds like they have some guys out.

Gophers-31
Terps-17

The Gophers have some demons to exercise today. Get it done anyway you can, fellas. I'd prefer the "beatdown" way personally, so if you could do that for me that'd be great. Thanks.
B3710D.jpg

Keep it rolling. I think they come out throwing like last game. If Tanner is on with his throws and doesn't turn the ball over, we roll in this game. I think our defense has shown us it can play and sounds like they have some guys out.

Gophers-31
Terps-17

I was thinking of the exact same score; either that or 31-20. I hope we're right.

The key maybe the defensive secondary limiting Maryland's long game and an excellent special teams weekend.

I am feeling reasonably confident about the Gopher Defense.

the Offense still scares me. Fleck and Sanford have to be able to set aside their natural tendency to be conservative. Without Mo or Potts, I truly believe the Gophers have to pass to set up the run. They need to be willing to throw on every down. Get all the receivers involved. Throw to the TE's. throw to the RB's. Let Kramer throw out of the Wildcat set. Don't be predictable.

To me there's nothing more beautiful in football than for the ahead team to rush on play after play late in the 4th quarter to gain slow first downs and frustrate the defense as it watches the clock continue to run.

Trying to decide if I should bet on the Gophers today. I won't be able to the next two weeks. Illinois bars residents from betting on any game involving Illinois college teams.

I'll be watching from my couch.

Been fighting cold all week, my attendance was game time decision, and couldn't go.

Top Bottom