***Official Keep Brewster Thread***

It is too premature to fire Brewster. He deserves another year.

Only if his buyout does not increase.

I've been quiet about the Mason talk, the Fire Brew chatter and the overall Darth breathing lately.

But, my answer is heck yeah.

There are a myriad of reasons we need to keep Brew in place for at least 1 year and more likely 2. I'm not going to beat a dead horse by describing all the reasons.

Let's hear it from the Darth breathers, they never seem to shy away from these threads.

This team is built to succeed in 2011. He'll have plenty of chances next year to prove he belongs. Show us what your guys can do against the big boys and you'll be rewarded with a more positive fanbase. The crybaby whiners who think they have all the answers will be left standing outside the gates at TCF crying "let us back in".

You bring in a coach with no head coaching experience. You have to give him 5-6 years to grow into that position. I have been as frustrated as any Gopher fan this year watching the o underachieve this year. The building blocks are fitting into place and these next wo years should be better. Sign Brew up.

He deserves next year to show progress with his guys being juniors and sophomores and if extending him allows for a solvent program beyond next year if he succeeds in showing progress- then give it to him. But the extension shouldn't be a hinderance in firing him next year if he goes 5-6, or worse, and the play on the field continues to appear undisciplined.

Sign me up. I thought Mason was a good hire at the time and now it is time to move on. Just a reminder to Brew haters, Brewster did not fire Mason he only applied for the opening that was made available.

If you want to be apart of the Big Ten you need to keep your coach with 4 years on his contract AT ALL TIMES. Especially when he is making as little as Brew is making.
Maturi should have done this LAST YEAR.
An AD needs to be able to pull the trigger on his coach whenever he wants, regardless of the number of years left on his contract. The is the way big time athletics work.

Keep, short extension, low buyout reevaluate at the end of next season.

I think he needs two more years, to get all of his players in his system. If in 2011 we are 6-6 and going 3-5 in the Big Ten, then he should be fired. I dont think we gain anything by starting over right now. Just my opinion...

Also, I was originally in the camp of not firing Mason either...maybe I just dont like to see people lose their jobs...

Yep, but not as fun as the "fire him" threads! :rolleyes:

We could listen to the "bring Mason back" Old Farts, or the Scony and Iowa "keep firing coaches" trolls, but let's give him a short extension and then lengthen it he earns it in 2010 or 2011.

achiever. (and i will be sure to get all my other socks in this thread too:cool02:)

we are building for 2011 and Brew deserves to coach through 2011 and see what that brings. Even 5-6 next year warrants bringing him back as long as it is a good 5-6.

I'm in, I like coach Brew, and his upcoming classes are exciting.

Sign me up, coaching without an extension will only harm the program going forward.

keep him and let him build a championship program. I have been frustrated as well. He is building the program with class, won't put up with crap from players who won't or don't do their work on and off the field.

Go Gophers!!

Good point about the buyout - next year could be a bust or a pleasant surprise, but coach needs the extension for recruiting. '10 and '11 will tell the tale.

Brew deserves to remain head coach through the 2011 season, sign me up. Rome was not built in a day, watch us grow.

Keep Brew for the 2 years left on his contract and give him the 2 year extension (same buyout) for recruiting. Then revisit after 2011 season.

Keep

Not enough time with his players. But just like you want to see improvement in your players, it's time for Brew to step up as a coach. You have had three years to learn how to be a head coach, now you have to show that you can be a head coach. Otherwise you will never be a head coach for a school, only it's recruiter. He also needs to make sure he keeps his coaching staff intact for two years.

Im in. go get em brew.

Brewster deserves to atleast graduate his recruiting class. Bring in better players and get some coaching stability and I promise Gophers football will get more wins

I don't think many grounded folks think The Hype should get canned after three years. I'd imagine most would agree there will be a large enough resume to make a judgement by November 1 next year.

Top Bottom