***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The Indiana game felt like last season. I didn’t like the energy, the defense or the outcome. And today we get to get our Hate on!!! Plainly put, this is a potential crossroads game. This is a game we should win, and the sign of a team making progress is bouncing back and beating a rival. A loss and there’s the potential to slide back to previous seasons’ losing streaks and confidence shattering play.

Garcia and Payne need to stay out of foul trouble and we need to remember how to shoot 3s.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!
Neither energy nor defense were good. Three point shooting was worse. You can stay in a game where overall you aren’t sharp but the threes are falling. We are not a dominant inside team. We will need threes to win all season.

I think people get a little too hung up on whether or not Payne is out there at the opening tip. He is usually the first off the bench and he is logging 20+ minutes a game. His average minutes total would probably be higher if he hadn't been limited to start the year due to the foot injury.
True usually but our recent propensity for terrible starts mandates a change now. Payne and Carrington (defensive energy) need to start for Christie and someone else not named JOJ. He is typically our only early scorer.

Since 1949-50 the Gophers have played Iowa 133 times and are a disappointing 59-74 in that span.

Minnesota has lost 6 of 7 with the last win being a 102-95 Christmas night overtime win in 2020. The Gophers were led by Brandon Johnson's career night--26 points with 8 made threes. Marcus Carr chipped in 30 points with 6 made threes to offset Luka Garza and his 32pts, 17 rebounds.

Early lines have the game at MIN -2.5. gotta be first big ten game the gophers have been the betting favorite on in a couple years? 14-2 ATS this season, would love to make that 15
MN opened up as a 1 point dog. that quickly changed last night.

So many tickets available. Just frustrating that they don’t try to fill it for an important game.
This Athletic department would never do something like that.

"IF" the gophers really want a chance at making the dance, tonight is a game you have to win. Home games against teams you would consider equal or lesser than yourself flat out have to be win.

Win and keep it going, lose and I'll bet they go on a streak of losing games. The 2 after this will be tough.

Situationally this is a great spot for the Gophers. I was surprised at the line(thought it might be closer to a pick em).

McCaffrey is out with an ankle. Could that be why?

I'm not sure. Part of me thinks that news might cause the line to go in the other direction., at least if you asked some Iowa fans. To many of them, Pat McCaffrey is only a bit more popular than Brian Ferentz.

No Payne in the starting lineup today especially with Iowa bigs. Same starting five. This will be interesting.

It's possible that due to Payne's physical play, they don't want him in the game until they see how the refs are calling things. Not saying this is the reason that Payne doesn't start.....but it would make sense considering how quickly he can pick up fouls.

That was good defense followed by a fast break but I still don't like this lineup too much.

I guess I'd rather have Garcia than Payne shooting those free throws though.

if this is the pace our bench will be tested. Please for the love of god ihnenn help tday.

Got to shoot better than this. There's something wrong with Garcia too.

Stop shooting %^#%# 3-point shots!!!!!!

Top Bottom