***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
That comeback was FUN!!! But lets not dig ourselves a 23 point hole tonight. This Indiana squad is likely two weeks away from a coaching search, might as well help the process along a bit.

The chance to finish the season strong at home, get to 10-9 in BT and a real chance to finish above .500 in Big Ten is the goal.

The formula is simple, keep the Bigs out of foul trouble, limit turnovers and don't have long scoring droughts.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there really a chance Woodson gets shitcanned?

I can't really see that...haven't heard much chatter about that, and Indiana is playing better recently...

I can't really see that...haven't heard much chatter about that, and Indiana is playing better recently...

You may be right, but if not, the standards in Bloomington have plummeted. He's been a bad fit. Certainly hasn't elevated the program and doesn't meet historical standards. Maybe he gets another year.

Despite two straight wins, Indiana still sucks. Fool's gold.

Gophers by double digits, and hello NIT.

That's a fairly bold projection. Double digit conference wins have been a rare occurrence for us this season. This team always seems to find a way to keep the outcome in doubt until pretty late in the game. I do see that Indiana has had 5 double digit conference losses so, hopefully, we can get one of their bad games.

I would doubt that too. This is his 3rd season and he had 20 wins or more in his first two with NCAA tournament appearances. Plus, even Indiana probably doesn't want to make buyouts every few years. Archie Miller's wasn't long ago and it was a hefty one as I recall.

We know the problems Indiana potentially gives MN. I think we were really hurt last time by early fouls on Payne and Garcia, then had to play "soft" the rest of the way.
Indiana will slash to the rim at every opportunity, gets to the line a lot (#5 in conf.), but stinks shooting FTs (worst in conf. 63.6%). They shoot 3's badly (#11 in conf. at 32.5% makes), and give up little defensively--#2 in Effective FG% defense. Because Indiana shoots 3's poorly, they rarely have 20 attempts/game. Instead, they bully to the rim or shoot inside the arc very well shooting a conf. #1 53.5% 2PFGs. That stat is likely padded by Ware tip-ins.

Although I have strong concerns about this game, we can do it! Recipe talked about earlier: Stay out of foul trouble, defend, and make a few shots! Simple right? I really dislike Indiana bb going way back to Knight, Ahlford, Creen, etc...

They kind of outclassed us at Assembly Hall, but this team has come a long way since then, and we're favored. Let's get this!
We also went 3 for 20 from 3 in that game. If we shoot closer to our season average from 3 that is a very different game. We also went 13-24 at the free throw line.

Very winnable game if we shoot the way we are capable of shooting tonight.

Hold off Ware with PP and DG and we are golden

Go Gophers!!!!
Agree that handling Ware is a key to the game. We did not to it in Bloomington. Tonight? Let’s see what we’ve learned!

We also went 3 for 20 from 3 in that game. If we shoot closer to our season average from 3 that is a very different game. We also went 13-24 at the free throw line.

Very winnable game if we shoot the way we are capable of shooting tonight.
We “should” shoot better at home. If we do, and handle Ware, we win! I’ll be there!

They kind of outclassed us at Assembly Hall, but this team has come a long way since then, and we're favored. Let's get this!

We've lost only one game where we were favored this season (Iowa at home) so hopefully we continue that practice tonight. We have won 5 games where we were the underdog.

We “should” shoot better at home. If we do, and handle Ware, we win! I’ll be there!
Thought about grabbing tickets but that 8:00 weeknight start is brutal. Hopefully will still have a solid crowd on hand.

Quick question for everyone. I did not see the initial Indiana game. Was our poor 3-point shooting due to unusually good defense on the part of the Hoosiers? Or was it just a poor shooting night by us?

Probably helps that his buyout is roughly $12m but they worked it in that they can pay him $1m a year until it's paid off. Easier to find $1m a year vs 12 in one swoop.

1-9 against IU in the last 10. Safe to say Race Thompson and TJD completely owned the Gophers during their time in college. A disgusting fact to say the least. Is it too much to ask to hand IU a beatdown tonight they will not soon forget? Go Gophers!

Top Bottom