*** Official in game thread Gophers vs. Illini***

One half to save your season boys.

Terrible end to first half. We played pretty well offensively and should have a lead. Really poor defense and decisions the last 2 minutes.

McBrayer needs to learn when to drive, and needs to learn how to dribble. Drives me nuts that the ball almost reaches his chin standing straight up when he dribbles.

Murphy and Mason both with nothing today. Need a big second half from Mason at least. Curry is a lot more active on both ends than Murphy. Guys are going right over the top of him and he isn't reacting.

If he did he would know you are a tool for your insistence on calling him Lil' Ricky.

No tool. You're the tool. Maybe he'll graduate to Richard when he gets his B10 record over .300. 19-45 now?

Murphy is a hole on the team right now. He doesn't box out and he is bringing almost nothing to the offensive side of the court. He and Mason are most responsible for the five game slide, and they just might make it six.

When I question whether this is a tournament team, it's not a matter of whether they're talented enough. But are they tough enough, resilient enough? Do they keep playing, or are they prone to relaxing and coasting and losing focus once they have a lead? Do they let bad breaks and adversity get to them, or do they get going when the going gets tough?

I've watched a good many games of Tournament ball, and one characteristic of teams that make the field is that they're like Rocky. They take blow after blow that would fell a mentally weaker team, but they just keep coming. I haven't seen the Gophs out-compete another team for a while - probably since the Purdue game. They wilt and melt in the face of other teams who want it more than they do. This needs to change, preferably in the next 20 minutes of play.

Let's try something new in the second half: let the guys who are hot shoot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What sense does sit make for Murphy to wander around the outside on offense? What good does he do out there?

He's seems to be in a daze all the time. He's continually late to cover the 3-point shot, you'd think he'd figure it out.

Question - does Pitino ever chew him out about his effort. Can you imagine Izzo or Knight or any other big time coach

let him get away all that stuff!

No tool. You're the tool. Maybe he'll graduate to Richard when he gets his B10 record over .300. 19-45 now?
L'il Ricky needs to step up his game.

Curry seems to bring much more to this team - compared to Mr Murphy. At least he looks like he giving 100% when he's on the floor. Murph seems to have lost a step which seems to cause him to play at a 'low energy Murphy' pace.

Why do you watch his team if he is so horrible ? I am sure you have many other things to complain about as you almost post negative comments. What's your positive to negative post % = 1-50 ?

Mason! Nate having a good start to the second half...

Nice to see Mason hitting shots.

Four guys in double figures, haven't had this in a while.

Why do you watch his team if he is so horrible ? I am sure you have many other things to complain about as you almost post negative comments. What's your positive to negative post % = 1-50 ?
After you watch this team for thirty plus years, your realize IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!!!

Props to Lynch tonight. Having himself a heck of a game.

Walk? Happ gets away with that every time he has the ball.

Top Bottom