Official Illinois Championship Week Thread

The majority on predict the score thread think Minnesota by more than a touchdown I just don’t see that.
That actually isn't true. There are 36 predictions in that thread and the median margin of victory of predictions is Minnesota by 4.

Here's the histogram for reference (negatives being Minnesota loses, positive being Minnesota wins:

1665771540923.png

From when I pulled the numbers, there were 10 of the 36 predictions that had the Gophers winning by more than 7 points.

Last edited:

Lol guns blazing. That was pretty mild for me. I’m just combining beans
and bored. I think it’s gonna be a very close game but I think the ILL defense is too much for MINN offense
Minnesota defense is very good as well, ranks very close to Illinois in most categories.

Our offense may struggle some but there is a very good chance that yours will struggle against our defense as well and potentially even more. Brown has put up some really impressive yardage numbers so far but the one thing he hasn't done all that well is find the Endzone. Mo on the flip side has twice as many TDs in 2 fewer games on the season.

I expect to see a very close, low scoring game that will come down which team executes better and makes the fewest mistakes. I will be very surprised if either team is able to build up a significant lead in this one.

Minnesota defense is very good as well, ranks very close to Illinois in most categories.

Our offense may struggle some but there is a very good chance that yours will struggle against our defense as well and potentially even more. Brown has put up some really impressive yardage numbers so far but the one thing he hasn't done all that well is find the Endzone. Mo on the flip side has twice as many TDs in 2 fewer games on the season.

I expect to see a very close, low scoring game that will come down which team executes better and makes the fewest mistakes. I will be very surprised if either team is able to build up a significant lead in this one.
I don't think there's any question Illinois offense will struggle a lot more against Gophs defense.

The majority on predict the score thread think Minnesota by more than a touchdown I just don’t see that.
I think it will be close. One thing I've learned about college football in my life though is to expect the unexpected (unless it's the Iowa offense).

I think it will be close. One thing I've learned about college football in my life though is to expect the unexpected (unless it's the Iowa offense).
Yeah, it is comforting to know that no matter who they are playing the Iowa offense is going to look like garbage. :)

That actually isn't true. There are 36 predictions in that thread and the median margin of victory of predictions is Minnesota by 4.

Here's the histogram for reference (negatives being Minnesota loses, positive being Minnesota wins:

View attachment 21103

From when I pulled the numbers, there were 10 of the 36 predictions that had the Gophers winning by more than 7 points.
Ok, full disclosure, I usually pick huge one sided gopher victories to troll opposing fans viewing our board...

Top Bottom