Official Illinois Championship Week Thread

This will be a tough one for Mo to get to the century mark.

If he does- Gopher win.

If he doesn’t- ?????

If I’m Bert I go heavy run defense and see if the Gophers offense can show up after the last game.

They just watched film of a dominant Mo for a few games and then a game where the whole offense almost to a man looked bad and not confident at all.

Defensively it seems like an easy call for Illinois.

If I’m Bert I go heavy run defense and see if the Gophers offense can show up after the last game.

They just watched film of a dominant Mo for a few games and then a game where the whole offense almost to a man looked bad and not confident at all.

Defensively it seems like an easy call for Illinois.
For sure. I don't know why anyone would game plan us any differently the rest of the year. Imagine how much we can change our next game if we are able take the top off early with a deep completion or even TD pass to Wright or another WR. I'm not optimistic of that but imagine! :love:

This will be a tough one for Mo to get to the century mark.

If he does- Gopher win.

If he doesn’t- ?????
I look at it this way. If Mo goes over 100 yards in this one it means we won and probably by a comfortable margin.

The reality is that we are very similar teams. Both have really strong defenses and offenses that feature a great RB and rely heavily on said RB being productive. Illinois is going to load up to stop Mo and we are going to load up to stop Brown. The team that can move the ball through the air will win the game.

We all WHITE in Champagne!

Aren’t our record pretty bad with all white? 💀
A9E736D4-E795-4C6E-AF08-D41D16779CF3.jpeg

Gophers open as 2 point favorites. Line could move higher if Illinois' QB remains out.
I would expect Mo to be playing this week.
How do they expect some one to bet if they don't knows who is in or out.

Gophers flat out need to man up and win this game. This one will be tough. The defense they play is going to make it hard on us. Also, they saw what Purdue did, it confused our QB and Offensive coordinator. Expect them to sell out to stop our run.
Morgan and our WR have to do their job. You can't expect your offensive line to consistently win battles when they are undermanned and you are running the slow developing RPO all game long.

Likewise with our defense. If indeed their starting QB is out, this is a sell out game to stop Chase Brown. They have nothing that can hurt you besides him if indeed they have to start their #2 guy.
Iowa already tried that and now they have their other RB back from injury that is a much more physical runner

It’s comical to see how many Minnesota fans have basically deemed this game a win, MO’s gonna have a 100, Minnesota by 28 to 10 ect ect. IL got hosed in the INdiana game or they would be undefeated. They give up no touchdowns. They give up no rushing yards. They pressure the shit out of the QB ect ect. Minnesota can’t win by throwing it’s a proven fact, if you can’t run game over IL might not be able to throw great but name a team that has had success stopping Brown and everyone knows he’s getting the ball

It’s comical to see how many Minnesota fans have basically deemed this game a win, MO’s gonna have a 100, Minnesota by 28 to 10 ect ect. IL got hosed in the INdiana game or they would be undefeated. They give up no touchdowns. They give up no rushing yards. They pressure the shit out of the QB ect ect. Minnesota can’t win by throwing it’s a proven fact, if you can’t run game over IL might not be able to throw great but name a team that has had success stopping Brown and everyone knows he’s getting the ball
Oh well illini 50-0 after reading this.

lol....I love that you can make a claim like that and yet totally ignore the fact that the guy on the other team has a string of 13 consecutive 100 yard games to his credit. Every single team the Gophers have faced has known Mo was going to get the ball and not one of them could hold him under 100 yards.

These are two very similar teams with very similar styles. I think you will find the camp that thinks this is a sure win for Minnesota is very small, especially after the Purdue game. Most expect a close hard fought game.

But hey....based on your post we may as well save the time and not even bother making the trip...clearly we have no chance against the juggernaut that is Illinois. I just hope Ohio State doesn't panic too much when they face you guys in Indy.

lol....I love that you can make a claim like that and yet totally ignore the fact that the guy on the other team has a string of 13 consecutive 100 yard games to his credit. Every single team the Gophers have faced has known Mo was going to get the ball and not one of them could hold him under 100 yards.

These are two very similar teams with very similar styles. I think you will find the camp that thinks this is a sure win for Minnesota is very small, especially after the Purdue game. Most expect a close hard fought game.

But hey....based on your post we may as well save the time and not even bother making the trip...clearly we have no chance against the juggernaut that is Illinois. I just hope Ohio State doesn't panic too much when they face you guys in Indy.
Yeah, can Illinois even score points?

What?...two people. Maybe.
Methinks you hear what you want to hear.

If Purdue can run on us in the fourth quarter, then Illinois certainly will be able because Illini RB is real deal. That is my fear, that illinois breaks game open with running game in fourth quarter. We have to get out early and get a couple of touchdowns so that Illinois will be forced to throw ball to catchup.

If Purdue can run on us in the fourth quarter, then Illinois certainly will be able because Illini RB is real deal. That is my fear, that illinois breaks game open with running game in fourth quarter. We have to get out early and get a couple of touchdowns so that Illinois will be forced to throw ball to catchup.
Purdue offense and Illinois offense are completely different. With Purdue you can't load up against the run because they will kill you through the air as that is what their offense is built around. Illinois is like us, they rely on their run game to be successful.

Trolling, are we here? Did you watch the MSU game?

Trolling, are we here? Did you watch the MSU game?
No trolling just here for friendly football conversation. Are you aware of Morgan’s record when he throws more than 30 passes a game?? Not good. I saw the MSU game I also watched the Purdue game

No trolling just here for friendly football conversation. Are you aware of Morgan’s record when he throws more than 30 passes a game?? Not good. I saw the MSU game I also watched the Purdue game
If you want friendly football conversation you will get it. If you come in guns blazing like you did in post #42 of this thread you won't.

As stated, the Gophers are a running team. So why would they throw 30 times a game? Doubt it's happened often.

What?...two people. Maybe.
Methinks you hear what you want to hear.
Yeah I don't think I've heard too many people say that. I think a lot of people here think it will be a very close game and not out of the question we could lose. It's the betting lines that are high on Minnesota but I don't think it's the fans.

If you take away the one long run by Purdue they really didn't run that well. One blown assignment and the stats got all skewed.

If you take away the one long run by Purdue they really didn't run that well. One blown assignment and the stats got all skewed.
yep, 98 yards in the 4th off 8 carries. only 62 the rest of the game off 19 carries

If Mo is 100% take the Gophers. Limited or no Mo then go with the dog.

Yeah I don't think I've heard too many people say that. I think a lot of people here think it will be a very close game and not out of the question we could lose. It's the betting lines that are high on Minnesota but I don't think it's the fans.
The majority on predict the score thread think Minnesota by more than a touchdown I just don’t see that.

If you want friendly football conversation you will get it. If you come in guns blazing like you did in post #42 of this thread you won't.
Lol guns blazing. That was pretty mild for me. I’m just combining beans
and bored. I think it’s gonna be a very close game but I think the ILL defense is too much for MINN offense

Check any team in the Big Then when they throw more than 30 times per game and get back to us. Of course if you can't run the FB you will have a hard time winning in this league.

Lol guns blazing. That was pretty mild for me. I’m just combining beans
and bored. I think it’s gonna be a very close game but I think the ILL defense is too much for MINN offense
We'll see. I think it actually the other way around. the Gophs defense will be way too much for the Ill offense, which is ranked in the high 80s for scoring. Almost 70 spots below Gophs.

Top Bottom