***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-YALE NCAA TOURNEY IN-GAME THREAD***

Anyone know what the Don's record in NCAA tournament games not played in the twin cities is?It's got to be pretty atrocious...

I am going to root for Mankato. I went to school there anyways for awhile.......

It really is amazing that these guys are so full of themselves that they can't get ready to play an NCAA Tournament game.

So pathetic that nothing else can really be said.

He won one NCAA on the road but that was when he cared.
He also got to play the West regional in 03 at mariucci,to get to the frozen four.I did the math and it looks like if they lose today,he will be 5-8 in tournament games away from the cities in his time as Gophers head coach.

It really is amazing that these guys are so full of themselves that they can't get ready to play an NCAA Tournament game.

So pathetic that nothing else can really be said.

If you listen to the die hard gopher hockey fans they seem to make excuses lately. Oh, they keep losing players to the NHL. The Gophers have always lost players to the NHL as long as I can remember. But so have other teams. In the US college hockey is the stepping stone to the NHL. Not so in Canada though. The lesser players go to the Canadian colleges.

Well, after last week's game, it was the whole "But CC was playing for their season and we weren't" line. Just waiting to see what kind of explanation Lucia and company come up with for this mess. This is a carbon copy in terms of effort and execution as that game. Even the score is the same.

The way this game has unfolded you would swear that Yale is #1 in power play kills and we are 26th on the power play.

Oh yay, another power play for us to struggle through.

Hard to play well when your guys simply don't give a rip. Our guys don't give a rip. They didn't throughout the entire CC game and they haven't through 40+ minutes today. Based on that, it's hard to imagine they'll all of the sudden start caring just because they're playing in the NCAA Tournament and their season is one the line.

Hopefully Teague is still wearing his big boy pants after this game and sends Don packing. I have seen all I want to see of his coaching or lack there of..........

Suddenly their goaltender makes a mistake right through his legs. 2-1 gophs still down...........1st goal in 5+ periods.

Yeah, that goal was hardly because we worked hard to get it. Just a funny hop from about 60 feet away.

Now that goal came as a result of actual hard work. How about that?! Too bad it took until under 10 minutes left to get serious about things.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!! Budish!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the Yale roster surprisingly they have 12 east coast players, 4 Canucks, 1 Mn player, 1 Euro player and 8 various west and midwest players.

Now Quini has 13 Canucks alone......and only about 3 east coast players.

Am I dreaming? Am I still in Minnesota? I thought our teams were never supposed to come back from behind in meaningful games!

Damn, Haula almost had the winner there...

Top Bottom