*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

What's wrong with Gopher fans: 10+ U of M students were willing to harbor an annoying, pretentious Hawkeye fan in the middle of the student section. I tried literally 3 or 4 times to get him kicked out and was unsuccessful. No way this happens at other B1G stadiums.

Damien Wilson has had a decent game...

He's been our best defender for sure.

What happens for you people if this team ever does good things? What pleasure can any of you take then after acting like a herd of spoiled brats now? Talk about the players giving up. Between the bunch of you you've thrown every player and coach under the bus, along with the program. Time for you to find another Saturday hobby. Look around this thread and you'll find every type of person you wouldn't trust under adverse circumstances.

But kudos to the few who maintain perspective and are willing to persevere. Bye now.

I live in Iowa. For a moment I thought you referring to every Iowa fan that I spoke with during this past week. At halftime I called my Iowa friend with whom I have a perennial $50 bet on the outcome of this game (no points given or taken). I called to congratulate him on another win for the Hawks. He has no faith that the Hawks will hold up in the 4th quarter. Talk about throwing the team under the bus.

What's wrong with Gopher fans: 10+ U of M students were willing to harbor an annoying, pretentious Hawkeye fan in the middle of the student section. I tried literally 3 or 4 times to get him kicked out and was unsuccessful. No way this happens at other B1G stadiums.

I've been in the Wisconsin student section as a gopher fan...

We've run for 30 yards and they've run for 163. We're still not physically ready to beat Iowa unfortunately.

50 years for one conference championship isn't in a normal man's wheelhouse. Sometimes you call a spade a spade. And today, we look awful and unprepared. No shame in saying it. Its the truth.

No shame in the reality, but the childish ranting is ugly and pretty darn close to burning bridges.

That said, Aaron Hill has looked awful today. Slow, and no clue how to defend the pass. Worst I've seen him all year.

Except we beat Illinois and Purdue last year. Not all big teams are as stout on the lines as Iowa. Unfortunately neither of those teams are on our schedule this year. We can beat Indiana. Maybe Penn State. That's about it.

Couple probable reasons for this:

1. Most of the student section doesn't care one way or another if the Gophers win, and has no real feeling either way about Iowa. It's something to do.

2. The guy is a friend of theirs, and it's more fun to party with their friend than to care about who he roots for.

2. The kid goes to the U, but is from Iowa and grew up an Iowa fan. I know if I went to Iowa, but grew up rooting for the Gophers - I could never root against the Gophers. I couldn't do it.

This isn't the SEC where people cry when their teams lose. The Gophers breed apathy.

A timely turnover. Still enough hope to suck us in...

Like I said with a little luck we could still win this...

2. The kid goes to the U, but is from Iowa and grew up an Iowa fan. I know if I went to Iowa, but grew up rooting for the Gophers - I could never root against the Gophers. I couldn't do it.

Believe me, I would absolutely love to hear about a kid from MN (who goes to Madison) cheering for the Gophers vs. Wisconsin at Camp Randall. But this sadly doesn't happen.

We will run out of time if we don't get something going....

My gosh, put Leidner in....he knows how to run outside and how many times has Nelson been sacked....

Wolitarsky. Congrats on his first career catch.

Top Bottom