*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Not a good throw but it would help if the WR uses two hands.

Yeah I really thought that should have been caught. Extra frustrating because that play likely makes it 10-3 or even 10-7 at half

We all knew that this was not a very good matchup for us.. I am not sure why we are not throwing on every down.. We knew we couldn't run against them why are we still trying?

This game is evidence that maybe Kill's strategy of wanting to schedule home game cupcakes in the non-conference is the wrong way to go. After the first half of the game, it's obvious we've learned nothing about his team. 4-0 meant absolutely nothing unless we somehow squeak out 2 conference wins and get to a crappy bowl game. And last I checked, there's no Purdue or Illinois on the schedule this year.

You answered your own question. The whole point of scheduling like this is to try to buy as many wins as you can to make a bowl game when you know you can't be competitive with a B10 schedule.

Adam Weber was a much. much better QB than these two. If you can't see this, you have no eye for the QB position. Sorry to break the news.

One is a freshman, one is a sophomore. They have a combined 10 or so career starts. I would hope Weber, a 4-year starter, would have been a better QB at this point. No one claimed they were better than Weber.

See you're blind. Look at how they throw and compare to any B1G QB. They look like high school quarterbacks. Good QB's throw the ball much tighter, much faster. These guys are good guys, they're not D1 QB's regardless of how they were ranked in HS. They're comparable to Christian Ponder. Just out of their league. Sorry to break the news to you and what can anyone do if you're too blind to see this.

You must be too drunk to think clearly. They're a sophomore and a freshman. Nelson may have won the starting job at a number of school, including Michigan State and Penn State. Things aren't going well this game but Nelson has thrown some good balls. Maybe get him a receiver or two. At least you won't remember this tomorrow because you're so drunk.

We're not that great.

We don't have enough quality skill position players.

What else is there to say?

Let's play better in the second half.

We're not that great.

We don't have enough quality skill position players.

What else is there to say?

Let's play better in the second half.

I'll second that. Let's play better and actually show up.

So, your saying Kill left a program better off than he found it? Wish any coach we have had in the last 50 years could say the same. Oh, Kill was 10-2 his last season there.

Yes we are getting beat. Yes, it isn't pretty. No this isn't the first time, or the last time this will happen. Other than tOSU & Wisconsin, Iowa is our toughest match up. They meet our meat with their meat and their meat is bigger, has 3 LBs on the Butkis watch list and starts Srs & Jrs on both lines.

I don't like getting shut out and I think we are playing way to conservatively right now...but that his how Kill rolls. He wont put us in a position to lose if he can avoid it...keep it close. We are past that now. We will open it up in the second half and hope IA makes some mistakes.

I like you GopherinPhilly.

So, your saying Kill left a program better off than he found it? Wish any coach we have had in the last 50 years could say the same. Oh, Kill was 10-2 his last season there.

Yes we are getting beat. Yes, it isn't pretty. No this isn't the first time, or the last time this will happen. Other than tOSU & Wisconsin, Iowa is our toughest match up. They meet our meat with their meat and their meat is bigger, has 3 LBs on the Butkis watch list and starts Srs & Jrs on both lines.

I don't like getting shut out and I think we are playing way to conservatively right now...but that his how Kill rolls. He wont put us in a position to lose if he can avoid it...keep it close. We are past that now. We will open it up in the second half and hope IA makes some mistakes.

It must be nice to always be the smartest guy in the room, dipsh$t.

caught....yes I agree.....but it was not a spiral and it was behind him.....Nelson and Leidner, great guys, poor arms. Kill thinks they're Chandler Harnish-like. Not even close!!!!

I really think the issue is the O line. They really didn't even move the D much in the non conference. Most of the yards were the QB on options. There was very very little power running behind a dominant OL. And that was against UNLV & NMSU. Remember Limegrover put together the NIU offense. It's not the plan, it's the execution. The plan may never beat OSU or Mich, but the plan can certainly beat Iowa. But only if you have a somewhat effective O Line and we, so far this year, do not.

Never have understood how a team, which has a full week to get ready for a homecoming game against a heated rival, can come out not ready to play. Iowa just wants this game a whole lot more than our guys do, which is sickening. Add to that the fact that the passing game is atrocious to go along with the fact that Iowa has an above average rush defense and you get the same broken record "reality check" that has been Gopher football.

Maybe they can come back in the second half (I sincerely hope so), but this looks all too familiar at this point in time.

Our guys were too busy mouthing off in the media this week instead of getting their heads right for today!

Beautiful pass into triple coverage. What a horrible decision.

But we have such great O Line depth. Our offensive line has great depth. The O Line is very deep. We can sub lots of guys into th O Line. Should be fine there this year.

The 2nd half will be Weisman left, weisman right, and Weisman up the middle. The mn defense has been on the field the whole game. Will be ought to stop.

Its all two plays. That fricken screen pass and that stupid interference call in the end zone.

Top Bottom