***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT PURDUE IN GAME THREAD!!***

I feel no better about this team after today. Leidner looked horrible in first half. We just ran the ball against a crappy defense. A good defense will take that away and Leidner will not do anything.

No better? We are putting a clinic on right now. Purdue stinks. This is how we should be doing against a team like this.

What does it take for some of you? Half way to three straight 8 win seasons. Mason did that once (not in a row). No other since Warmath...

We'll never take the next step without a competent passing game.

worth noting - Defense has forced 4 turnovers today,and held Purdue to 158 total yards to date.
DEEEEE - FENSE!

What does it take for some of you? Half way to three straight 8 win seasons. Mason did that once (not in a row). No other since Warmath...

Going 4-2 over the second half of the season will be far tougher then going 4-2 in the first part of the season.

Team played very well today and dominated a bad Big Ten team. Hopefully the confidence gained in this one will carry over to the Nebraska game next week and we can head into the bye on a 2 game winning streak.

Now we just need to find out which Gophers team is the real Gophers team, the one that got dominated by Northwestern last week or the one that played well in all facets today against Purdue.

Gotta protect that ball dude. I'm sitting on the couch and I could see that coming.

Now you're changing the narrative. ML7 is who he is. He plays good some games, OK some, and bad in the others. You said he has never played well against a good team, we know that isn't true.

He hasn't played well against a good team. Maybe Missouri? That was it.

Ok... Croft doesn't look very natural as a runner (like Leidner).

I feel no better about this team after today. Leidner looked horrible in first half. We just ran the ball against a crappy defense. A good defense will take that away and Leidner will not do anything.

Not even a little? You might be the only one.

No better? We are putting a clinic on right now. Purdue stinks. This is how we should be doing against a team like this.

We'll never take the next step without a competent passing game.

Said better than me. This is why I don't feel better. We can beat teams like this. Until we can at least have some type of passing threat we will not take the next step. Thanks.

Yes. Purdue is terrible. Mitch is terrible. I'm looking past today - Mitch has never played well against a good team.

262 posts, and none of them better than drool. Time to get you out of here!

That was Holland's best play all year.

262 posts, and none of them better than drool. Time to get you out of here!

Whatever. I've been around a long time, just don't post a lot. And, I have never been a negative poster. Simply sharing thoughts on Leidner.

The Gophers have scored 41 unanswered points - and people are still complaining.

Why do I think that if the Gophers won a game 100-0, someone would come on this board and complain about something?

Yeah, it was the boilers but after the last few weeks I'll take it. Hopefully we see more of this the rest of the way. Have a good rest of the weekend.

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

Ok, call me picky, negative, a jerk, a downer, but here is another example of Kill making dumb decisions. He keeps playing certain guys who don't deserve to be on the field. Holland. He chokes. Gentry is the best receiver on team and rarely gets a chance even tho he is healed. And why start Smith when Brooks is clearly the best. Kill gets things in his head and won't budge. Constantly trying to send messages and plays his his teacher's pets. Finally started Moore and look what happens. Kill is great, but he is very slow. Not the brightest guy in town.

Said better than me. This is why I don't feel better. We can beat teams like this. Until we can at least have some type of passing threat we will not take the next step. Thanks.

But we didn't beat KSU like this. You don't feel better. What do you want - we are winning by 32 and you are bitching and bitching. You must be the life of a party.

This is why I don't care about how many fans the Gophers have - one less would make me happy right now.

This is the same QB as the past two years. Two years in which we won eight games. Are we ready to take the next step? Not with this passing attack. However......a good running game and a stout defense can keep the team respectable until we find a QB. After the past few weeks.....this game makes me feel a whole lot better about staying competitive. The NW game last week was simply a terribly played game. I don't expect things to go that poorly moving forward.

Lots of guys stood out today:

Myrick
Richardson
Campbell
Brooks
Moore

All played exceptional today...now if we can just get healthy.

Huff's first possession ever on defense and it's a rough one. Good experience for the young fella.

But we didn't beat KSU like this. You don't feel better. What do you want - we are winning by 32 and you are bitching and bitching. You must be the life of a party.

This is why I don't care about how many fans the Gophers have - one less would make me happy right now.

Seriously. I just wrote he said it better than me. What do you want? I love the Gophs and am over the top positive - almost always. I was agreeing with what he shared - we need to improve the passing game or we won't beat good teams. What's wrong with that?

Whatever. I've been around a long time, just don't post a lot. And, I have never been a negative poster. Simply sharing thoughts on Leidner.

Um, you said you didn't feel better about the team after today. Leidner I get, but there was a lot of good things to take from today's game, even if it was just Purdue.

Say what you want, but realistically it's Mitch or no-one. Croft is a good year away...

Top Bottom