*** OFFICIAL ERIC DECKER IS IN THE SUPER BOWL IN-GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
I figured it would be fun to have a Decker/Super Bowl thread. One of our greatest recent success stories could have a big impact on the games biggest global stage. Here's hoping he introduces himself with pride from Minnesota on the player intro videos (unlike Maroney who often introduced himself from his high school) and hopefully he has a big game!

On SNL last night, they had an opening skit related to the Super Bowl and one of the actors was wearing a Decker jersey. Pretty cool for a guy from small town Minnesota.

Over/under on who gets more individual shots on camera. Eric or Jesse?

Decker might be playing his last game as a Bronco. Report from SI yesterday said he would likely test free agency.

Decker might be playing his last game as a Bronco. Report from SI yesterday said he would likely test free agency.

It would be sweet if he came to the Vikings next season. It would be pretty awesome to see Decker catching passes in TCF again for the next couple seasons!!

It would be sweet if he came to the Vikings next season. It would be pretty awesome to see Decker catching passes in TCF again for the next couple seasons!!

It would be cool, but I doubt it happens. They spent a lot on Jennings and have so many needs on D.

I am also looking forward to the $8 Million per minute commercials. Rumor has it that Budweiser Dog/Clydesdale one is gonna be the best. Watch the commercials closely.

The first 18 minutes of this game are incredible. Complete domination by Seattle and the Denver offense looks scared and lost. They better get something going now.

Go Gophers!!

Can this thread be renamed ***OFFICIAL WORST GAME IN SUPER BOWL HISTORY THREAD***??? Could this game get any worse? :confused:

What did Denver do the past two weeks? This is a very Vikings-esque performance.

Watching Percy Harvin got me really excited about Berkley Edwards for next year particularly on his first carry on that jet sweep. Even if their not the exact same player. Speed kills.

NFC West just plays a much tougher, more intense brand of football than the Denver Broncos. Plus, Peyton Manning is the greatest regular season QB of all time, but he's just an average playoff QB. 11-11 in playoff games heading into this year (I believe). I think he try's too hard, try's to do too much.

And another team newer than the Vikings wins the Super Bowl.

One good thing for Viking fans, Denver is now the leader in Super Bowl losses at 5.

This isn't a shot at Decker, but Seattle showed how to beat these touch football offenses that seem to be in vogue these days. Press cover the outside receivers and get at the QB. Easier said than done and you have to have the personnel to do it (which Seattle has). I see Claeys trying to do the same thing with the Gopher defense, which is why getting cover corners into the program is going to be crucial.

I like Decker a ton, but I wonder what his market will be.

I didn't notice Decker at all, but I turned off the game after the kickoff in the second half.

I wish HBO would have had True Detective on last night.

Top Bottom