***OFFICIAL DEPAUL AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Garcia ain’t going to the NBA anytime soon

Needs more strength obviously and a better outside stroke
First time I'm seeing him, and my first thought was......we are worried about the NBA. Ah, NO

Johnson has a couple freshmen with potential but this program has a long ways to go.

Well, that was hard to watch. Poor rebounding, pitiful shooting, some bad passes, what more could you want.

Garcia ain’t going to the NBA anytime soon

Needs more strength obviously and a better outside stroke
Obviously this is just one half, but he's been incredibly soft out there so far.

Gophers passing offense, or this basketball offense?

Why is everything around here so damn hard?

On the bright side they have to get better...don't they?

How do you guys enjoy sports? Game 3 against a good opponent, playing 3 freshman significant minutes plus transfer guys trying to mesh. And it's the first half, AND we're still only down 12. Like, I know this forum is notoriously sky is falling but jesus, stop listening to KFAN for a minute and relax.
What’s Johnson buy out? This is ridiculous.

Can't simulate DePaul's speed, wow. Going to have to throw some head fakes and get them off balance

Definitely need to work on boxing out. ...Isn't that a basic aspect of basketball? How do you get to college and not know to box out? Serious question, actually - basketball is not my sport.
Boxing out is one rebounding philosophy. Awareness, pursuing the ball is another. Quicker to the ball. DePaul way more aggressive, way quicker to ball. Jordan Murphy our best rebounder in a long time didn't often box anybody out.
Free throws you gotta box out.

Boxing out is one rebounding philosophy. Awareness, pursuing the ball is another. Quicker to the ball. DePaul way more aggressive, way quicker to ball. Jordan Murphy our best rebounder in a long time didn't often box anybody out.
They beat us off the dribble at will, and we can't go by anyone. It sucks on the basketball court when this is happening. There really are no answers.

Thanks for the info, friend.

Trashy offensive halfs happen. Especially when your clear best scorer is out. Im not too worried about that.

Its on the other end. Depaul is just far faster, stronger and mroe athlethic. We are going to struggle stopping Big10 guards all year. And Battle doesnt exactly help team speed.

Dawson will be streaky as he has been for 2 seasons already. Hes gifted with natural talent but his lacks of strength and any semblance of athleticism will create halfs like this one. Hes gonna have some dominant halfs and some bad ones.

Obviously this is just one half, but he's been incredibly soft out there so far.

Yes,it’s only one half, but some on here were speculating he was one and done.

He has lots of talent, but man he’s get abused in the association and he want to be a Matt Bonner only type he needs a smoother stroke and needs to hit 37+% from 3. Also he needs yo be much more aggressive- Gteat point from you.

Last edited:

Let's just play some good ball this half.

I've been on TT's side, but continuing to start him over Payne is ridiculous.

Momentum killer to start second half and miss 2 free throws.

Top Bottom