***OFFICIAL CENTRAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Willis 18, Carr 14, Gabe 15, Oturu 7 with 8 min to go...Gophers plus 25

Glad for the audio app. Sure wish the game was on a channel I have. I'm not going to put money down on BTN+.

Are we burning Freeman's red-shirt or can he play in a certain # of games?

Gophers win by 25. 82 to 57. Carr 19, Willis 18, Gabe15, Oturu 9, TW 7, Hurt 5, Demir 4, Ihnen 3, Omersa 2, Freeman and Greenlee played but did not score

Gophers win by 25. 82 to 57. Carr 19, Willis 18, Gabe15, Oturu 9, TW 7, Hurt 5, Demir 4, Ihnen 3, Omersa 2, Freeman and Greenlee played but did not score

Nice to see Hurt get some numbers. Didn't see the game, how did Ihnen look?

The B1G. Schools don't have rights to do whatever they want.
It’s up to Coyle to fight for his teams to be televised. To lobby, to beg, to plead, to negotiate, to assure situations like have happened again this season don’t occur. It’s not acceptable for the Gopher basketball team not to be on TV. You can’t argue that. Do what you gotta do...make it happen if your AD. That’s my position of his responsibilities.

Nice to see Hurt get some numbers. Didn't see the game, how did Ihnen look?
Very long. Hit a 3. Decent awareness defensively. Made plenty of mistakes. He still has a lot of growing to do and it will take time but he has great potential.

Got my dunk. Ihnen missed his three
It’s up to Coyle to fight for his teams to be televised. To lobby, to beg, to plead, to negotiate, to assure situations like have happened again this season don’t occur. It’s not acceptable for the Gopher basketball team not to be on TV. You can’t argue that. Do what you gotta do...make it happen if your AD. That’s my position of his responsibilities.

Nothing could be further from the truth. TONS of P5 non-conference games are not televised. It would impossible for all of them to actually be televised. You think ESPN or FS1 want to televise all these blowouts??

Nothing could be further from the truth. TONS of P5 non-conference games are not televised. It would impossible for all of them to actually be televised. You think ESPN or FS1 want to televise all these blowouts??

I think the gophers are on TV for almost every game this year. Me Not having PAC-12 network isn’t Coyle’s fault. I will say that if you want to make sure you don’t miss a home game, season tickets appear to be very available.

He can lobby the B1G. The Gophers play 30 games. 27 of them are on national TV. I don't think having 3 games on streaming is a hill worth dying on.

I do think they should make BTN+ free and sell ads instead of charging a fee that drives away 3/4 of the potential viewers and then sitting with dead air during commericals.

Solid win, shot the ball well, bench got some PT. Oturu will get triple teamed a lot like he was tonight.

Very long. Hit a 3. Decent awareness defensively. Made plenty of mistakes. He still has a lot of growing to do and it will take time but he has great potential.

All of the freshman showed potential, Freeman is big and athletic, nice soft hands, a mile to go but lots of potential, I was surprised,

I was there. Saw the three. Ball went so high I thought it would never come down. Must have had 5 seconds of hang time. The dunk was also good.

Guess Pitino does not view Freeman as a guy worth keeping around for 5 seasons

Guess Pitino does not view Freeman as a guy worth keeping around for 5 seasons

I just think Pitino needs to see whether he can develop into an adequate bench player this season given the lack of quality depth at the center/forward spots. Not only is there a huge drop off in talent after Oturo, the other players are also undersized at the power conference level. At least Freeman is big enough.

Was at the game. The most positive aspect of it was that we blew out a team without Oturu doing much offensively.

I just think Pitino needs to see whether he can develop into an adequate bench player this season given the lack of quality depth at the center/forward spots. Not only is there a huge drop off in talent after Oturo, the other players are also undersized at the power conference level. At least Freeman is big enough.
Was at the game. The most positive aspect of it was that we blew out a team without Oturu doing much offensively.
will see if that is the case if Freeman plays in competitive games...which has not been the case

I was there. CMU has a very quick and aggressive team. They did not want our post players scoring, so that's why it was a very heavy perimeter game. Here are my thoughts...

-Nice to see a comfortable win (even if it was a mid-major) without Oturu going off. That will happen at times this year when defenses focus on him. Passing around the perimeter when CMU played zone was good.
-Gabe still struggled a bit. Yes, he had 5 threes, but most of his shots were wide open. Missed two layups. Had some bad passes down low to Oturu that got stolen. Played okay defense.
-Carr was able to get anywhere he wanted. Had some great athletic moves around the basket. Still is dribbling too much.
-Willis was the best player on the floor. Completely under control. Great game.
-Demir played solid last night, even while scoring only 4 points. Passed the ball well. Played okay defense.
-Ihnen was out of control. Made a nice three from the corner, but also air-balled one as well. Love his energy. Needs a lot of playing time against the cupcakes.
-Hurt had the greatest drive in his Gopher career. From the perimeter, he aggressively charged to the basket and finished with contact. Could've had a few more baskets, but chose to pass.
-Omersa had a THUNDEROUS dunk on a breakaway alley-oop. My season tickets are on that end of the court, and the basket shook like crazy. Best play of the night.

will see if that is the case if Freeman plays in competitive games...which has not been the case

Don't sleep on Freeman, he is big, athletic, runs the court, raw offensively but looked like he has pretty good hands, with any development I can see him contributing as we get into the B1G season.

Top Bottom