Official Brad Davison is a Tool Thread

The Big Ten offices wasted no time suspending Alan Griffin (Illinois) for 2 games for stepping on Purdue's Sasha Stefanovic (and rightly so), but where's the immediate response to the antics Davison pulled last night? And Davison has a history of this stuff.

And at least Griffin apologized, and he even did it face to face with Stefanovic immediately after the game. Where's an apology from Davison or Gard?

Yeah, he really needs to be suspended. Otherwise somebody is going to deck him in a game. And rightfully so. It's kind of hilarious that all the sanctimonious Badger fans who over the years were saying that their player simply COULDN'T have meant to step under Andre Hollins and ruin his ankle, because the Badgers are a "good clean program" filled with nice, respectful, good (read, white) young men, who simply don't do that sort of thing are now being forced to defend a guy who's clearly the dirtiest player in the nation. Doogie and the local media who loved Brad for sticking it to the Gophs are pretty quiet these days.

Yeah, he really needs to be suspended. Otherwise somebody is going to deck him in a game. And rightfully so. It's kind of hilarious that all the sanctimonious Badger fans who over the years were saying that their player simply COULDN'T have meant to step under Andre Hollins and ruin his ankle, because the Badgers are a "good clean program" filled with nice, respectful, good (read, white) young men, who simply don't do that sort of thing are now being forced to defend a guy who's clearly the dirtiest player in the nation. Doogie and the local media who loved Brad for sticking it to the Gophs are pretty quiet these days.
Guess who else has been silent?

The Big Ten offices wasted no time suspending Alan Griffin (Illinois) for 2 games for stepping on Purdue's Sasha Stefanovic (and rightly so), but where's the immediate response to the antics Davison pulled last night? And Davison has a history of this stuff.

And at least Griffin apologized, and he even did it face to face with Stefanovic immediately after the game. Where's an apology from Davison or Gard?

From this video, I do not expect an apology to be sent. Davison has an extremely hard time keeping a straight face with his response and said the foul was called because he "grabbed the leg" according to the ref. Sure thing.

From this video, I do not expect an apology to be sent. Davison has an extremely hard time keeping a straight face with his response and said the foul was called because he "grabbed the leg" according to the ref. Sure thing.

Just a hunch, I have nothing to base it on, but I'd bet King's "personal reason" for missing the game last night has something to do with Davison. Perhaps a rift between the two?

This is not going to help in the court of public opinion. I wonder if he enjoys being the villain. Like Al Secord for you old people who remember the height of North Stars Blackhawks rivalry.

Just a hunch, I have nothing to base it on, but I'd bet King's "personal reason" for missing the game last night has something to do with Davison. Perhaps a rift between the two?

Maybe Davison regularly punches King in the balls at practice and then recites Bible verses when he gets mad at him for it? That would get old after a while.

This is not going to help in the court of public opinion. I wonder if he enjoys being the villain. Like Al Secord for you old people who remember the height of North Stars Blackhawks rivalry.

There was nothing like an Al Secord/Willie Platt free-for-all!

I have nothing to base it on either, but my guess would be a DI basketball player with the name of "Kobe" might be dealing with some emotional baggage in the past 48 hrs.

IDK. His parents gave him the name its not like he chose when he was 10. A D-1 player you think would be inspired to play. Just my opinion.

Maybe Davison regularly punches King in the balls at practice and then recites Bible verses when he gets mad at him for it? That would get old after a while.
“And I sayeth unto you, ‘gird thy loins against the wrath of an evil and vengeful fist that doest smite thy very seed, and inflict a wailing and gnashing of teeth upon thee’. So sayeth the Lord”.

What a sh!tbag. He thinks he's pretty d@mn funny and clever. Have him come down to Rochester and pull that in one of our games at the gym. That sh!t eating grin will be gone really fast.

I would expect it would get mouthful of teeth knocked out.

If a player does eventually punch Davison in the mouth, I think that player would deserve a punishment exactly as harsh as what the B1G gives Davison for punching guys in the nuts.

Does this type of play go on in the NBA? Similar to fighting in the NHL is more prevalent than in college hockey? It's possible that will be his role in the NBA.

Does this type of play go on in the NBA? Similar to fighting in the NHL is more prevalent than in college hockey? It's possible that will be his role in the NBA.
I was at a Timberwolves game vs the Jazz, and saw John Stockton give a nut punch to Sam Mitchell as he was setting a pick. So, yes, the nut punch happens in the NBA.

Davison in the NBA?

source.gif

Reminds me of an apology from Donald Trump or Don Lemon.

Seriously, isn’t it just a matter of time before someone decks this guy in a game? Sad thing is, the guy who decks him will get suspended, and the little worm named Davison will keep grinning and keep grabbing bags, and I’m not talking Lunds & Byerlies.

Seriously, isn’t it just a matter of time before someone decks this guy in a game? Sad thing is, the guy who decks him will get suspended, and the little worm named Davison will keep grinning and keep grabbing bags, and I’m not talking Lunds & Byerlies.
Not yet, but his career path is with bags and pushing carts at Lunds...

If they can stop a game for five minutes to watch 27 replays in order to decide whether to put .1 of a second back on the clock, they can replay Davidson, charge him with a flagrant foul and/or eject him from the game.

FWIW, if I was the opposing coach, I would be screaming at the refs from the opening tipoff to watch Davidson for dirty play and flopping. If every coach in the league did it, there has to be one or two refs who would actually start calling some of this stuff.

If they can stop a game for five minutes to watch 27 replays in order to decide whether to put .1 of a second back on the clock, they can replay Davidson, charge him with a flagrant foul and/or eject him from the game.

FWIW, if I was the opposing coach, I would be screaming at the refs from the opening tipoff to watch Davidson for dirty play and flopping. If every coach in the league did it, there has to be one or two refs who would actually start calling some of this stuff.

I think he has a bit of a reputation which is why he was called for a T last year when he slapped floor because he wanted a foul call and his flagrant the other night

Top Bottom