***OFFICIAL BEMIDJI STATE AT MINNESOTA EXHIBITION IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Gopher hoops is back!!! It's been a crazy offseason as usual of late for most programs, we are no different. Make sure you buy a game program or print off a roster to know which player is which for our squad! One thing we do know, our staff is back, all of them, no changes ever. Have to build off last season, a must really.

Will be fun to get a look at the new guys, see how the few returning players are shaping up and just enjoy being back in The Barn.

Hopefully with the bye week for the football team that there is a decent crowd this first game.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Johnson says Gophers lineup could be 'funky' in exhibition against Bemidji State​

"Being able to compete against a different set of eyes. I am definitely going self-mode on this one because I got to figure some stuff out," Johnson said. "Lineups could be funky, minutes could be funky and obviously what we run is going to be pretty basic and vanilla."

The Gophers added seven scholarship transfers in the offseason and signed two incoming freshmen. Returning starters Dawson Garcia and Mike Mitchell Jr. will likely be two of the team's most important players this season, but Johnson is still looking for which of their additions will emerge.

"For me, it's more about just the little things. Who is going to compete? Who is going to do some of the detail stuff that we've been talking about since June? I want to get guys just used to playing here. That was one thing I looked at with the exhibition games," Johnson said. "I don't want the first time they play here to be in our first real game. Especially some of the local guys."

Go Gophers!!

Ben Johnson says Gophers lineup could be 'funky' in exhibition against Bemidji State​

"Being able to compete against a different set of eyes. I am definitely going self-mode on this one because I got to figure some stuff out," Johnson said. "Lineups could be funky, minutes could be funky and obviously what we run is going to be pretty basic and vanilla."
If Ben was really down with the funk, he’d be wearing this court side for the first exhibition game.

Attachments

• IMG_3106.jpeg
    IMG_3106.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 5

Newcomer most interested in seeing?
Think it’s Frank Mitchell for me with a bunch of close seconds such as Patterson, Asuma, Odukale.

I don’t think Patterson and Ofukale are playing today because of injury. Mitchell and Garcia will only play 10-15 minutes. I wouldn’t put much into this game. I will not be surprised if the game is closer than we would like.

I don’t think Patterson and Ofukale are playing today because of injury. Mitchell and Garcia will only play 10-15 minutes. I wouldn’t put much into this game. I will not be surprised if the game is closer than we would like.
Shoot! Was hoping to get a look at those guys.

The Gophers would be a solid middle of the pack NSIC team and Ben will be a solid coach there in the future.

Only bright spot so far is big Frank
Disagree. Asuma is solid.
The offense is vanilla, but we knew that. This is a good opportunity to figure out spacing and where people like to get the ball on offense. Also, defensive help is going to be worked on after this game.
I am surprised at Bemidji's height. Or should I be concerned at Minnesota's lack of height? Not sure.

Hopefully hit the boards a little harder in the second half. 19-12 Beavers on the glass. 5 offensive ones for the visitors.
Gosh, 23 bench points for Bemidji?!

Disappointed that we don’t play better defense against a team like this. No Odukale, Patterson or Peterson but cmon- looking for a second half shut down performance

Top Bottom