Official apology to Bryce Williams thread.

I was going to start a mea culpa thread. He showed out today!

I think he played well, and broke a few big runs late. The younger backs, specifically Irving show more upside and game changing ability. YPC went in favor of both of the younger backs for most of the game. The long one Williams scored on late I think any of our backs could have hit home on. Great game by all, and I'm splitting hairs for sake of discussion - as all the offense was solid, Bryce absolutely included!

Attachments

• 20211016_160020.jpg
    20211016_160020.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 15

He hasn't been utilized much since his freshman year so it has taken some time to shake the rust off. I expect him to be a big contributor the rest of the season sharing time with Irving!

RBs had a rough 3rd quarter, glad Bryce rebounded with some tough runs in the 4th quarter.

The one thing Williams has always done well is pass block. He did that even when Mo and Potts were running the ball.

RBs had a rough 3rd quarter, glad Bryce rebounded with some tough runs in the 4th quarter.
I'm glad Bryce rebounded too and gave up that safety. Oh you mean Bryce Williams. I meant Burst Butthart. We got the better Bryce!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve taken some heat for being a Bryce Williams advocate, but of the RBs still standing he is by far the most well-rounded contributor. He has some real speed. He needed a chance to shake of the rust—today he got the chance. My biggest question is where is Cam Wiley? Did he play? Is he hurt? Is he even in the game plan anymore? If Wiley is out of the picture, we have three RBs.

Last I checked, football is a team sport. You may not hear from certain players, but they set up the guys that put up the points.

I like what Crawford said when he was introduced. Something to the effect of 'I hope this is the last time that you will hear from me."

There are players who execute their part that we will never hear from.

The long one Williams scored on late I think any of our backs could have hit home on.

Yet he's the one that did it. You cannot predict what one of the other backs would have seen or done.

I’m one who’s thought his “through the line” skills were lacking, but once he’s through, he’s gone.

I apologize because I doubted his “drive”.

No more.

He came to play today. Wish we could get Williams on a backside wheel route as teams keep bring 8 in the box. Williams is a good blocker, and a team player. Glad Bryce Williams is a Gopher!

I’ve taken some heat for being a Bryce Williams advocate, but of the RBs still standing he is by far the most well-rounded contributor. He has some real speed. He needed a chance to shake of the rust—today he got the chance. My biggest question is where is Cam Wiley? Did he play? Is he hurt? Is he even in the game plan anymore? If Wiley is out of the picture, we have three RBs.
Cam lined up as a slot receiver a few times. Interesting.

BW played a good game. Nice to have this much depth at RB. And give some props to the O-line. They were stout today.

What's the deal with him putting #40 on for kick returns? Is Justus Harris on KR as well?

He came to play today. Wish we could get Williams on a backside wheel route as teams keep bring 8 in the box. Williams is a good blocker, and a team player. Glad Bryce Williams is a Gopher!
He’s a good receiver, too. Made a few nice catches when used that way.

Dang didn’t even realize he was out. Is he hurt?
Don’t know. Jackson has been a little banged up, I’ve heard. I am relying on an announcer who said he was out; I wasn’t keeping track of WRs. It will be great when all four of our experienced WRs can play. But, Brady Boyd got a catch today, probably because Jackson was out.

Yet he's the one that did it. You cannot predict what one of the other backs would have seen or done.

I’m one who’s thought his “through the line” skills were lacking, but once he’s through, he’s gone.

I apologize because I doubted his “drive”.

No more.
He was the one in on that play, and I can't predict any other outcomes. Another part of my message praised BW. I was simply noting that in the first few quarters, it seemed like other backs were having more success on a per carry basis and by my eye test. My eyes aren't the best, so take my opinion with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila

I think all three rbs had their moments. Bryce did look a little tougher to bring down than in the past. I don’t think any one rb alone is enough to replace Potts or Mo this year, but it’s a nice trio that can rotate and stay fresh.

2018 • FRESHMAN SEASON: Played in all 13 games and started two • rushed 117 times for 502 yards and four touchdowns • also caught four passes for 64 yards. Game-by-Game: Made his Minnesota and collegiate debut against New Mexico State and rushed nine times for 31 yards and one touchdown • gained 87 yards on 25 carries against Fresno State • rushed 33 times for 141 yards and also caught one pass for 35 yards against Miami • totaled 24 yards on seven carried at Maryland • picked up 28 yards on five carries against Iowa • rushed two times for seven yards and also caught one pass for 14 yards at Ohio State • gained 18 yards on five carries at Nebraska • carried the ball seven times for 17 yards against Indiana • gained 29 yards on five carries at Illinois • rushed nine times for 68 yards and one touchdown against Purdue • competed against Northwestern • rushed eight times for 50 yards and scored two touchdowns in a win at Wisconsin • gained two yards on his lone carry against Georgia Tech.

Top Bottom