Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Preferred Walk-on Harrison Brun will be there along with all of the 2024 local players they locked in.

Per Marcus:

In Wright's first game this season, he had 152 total yards and three touchdowns while also recording 15 tackles on defense, including two sacks. In a 26-12 comeback win vs. Christ the King in Chicago last week, he rushed for three touchdowns in the second half, including a 70-yarder.

"I don't think I've ever seen someone play a more complete and dominant game than he did," Bishop McNamara coach Bob Kelly said. "He's fantastic. He's everything you could ever ask for in a senior leader. He's had a great first four weeks, and we're getting in the meat of our schedule now."

Wright has been far from 100% healthy since he suffered a high-ankle sprain in the second game of the season. He had to be helped off the field after what appeared to be a severe injury in the first half Sept. 1 against Herscher, but he wasn't out of the game for long.

"I was struggling at first when the injury happened and I couldn't walk on it," Wright said. "But I saw my teammates really needed me."

After being stuffed twice on the goal line, Bishop McNamara got a lift from their star tailback whom everyone thought was sidelined.

"Next thing you know he went jogging out there," Kelly said. "I didn't even see him, so we had to change our call in the huddle and find a way to give it to him. He found a way to score. That game was tough for him because he was limited. His ankle was swollen. But he gutted through it."

Go Gophers!!

The U of M will Uche IIoh in for an official visit on 12-9. DE from Georgia.

Was at the Blaine/Coon Rapids game last night and Cummings-Coleman committed to Iowa State during or prior to the game. He scored both of CR's TD's before leaving with a head injury on a play where he had helmet contact with a Blaine player.

Looks like all but one of the top 23 players in the state are not verbally committed to play somewhere. The one being #11 Juriad Hughes a WR from Irondale.

Brian Callahan was at the game last Friday of Andrew Dennis who recently decommitted from Michigan State.
Would be a great get, not sure if any interest remains at this point, but I noticed Caleb Pyfrom also decommited from Illinois.

Was at the Blaine/Coon Rapids game last night and Cummings-Coleman committed to Iowa State during or prior to the game. He scored both of CR's TD's before leaving with a head injury on a play where he had helmet contact with a Blaine player.

Looks like all but one of the top 23 players in the state are not verbally committed to play somewhere. The one being #11 Juriad Hughes a WR from Irondale.

It shows a Minnesota offer, however they did withdraw the offer a while back. Staff feels he is a bit to short and slow.

Glad he got the offer; it validates our early recruiting of this budding star. Under current conditions, however, Pretzlaff would have to be out of his mind (and his parents out of theirs) if he were to choose Michigan State over Minnesota ... unless huge, I mean really huge stacks of guaranteed NIL cash (not "opportunities") were involved on the MSU end. Minnesota isn't nirvana, but its pretty damn good; MSU is the seventh level of hell.

Top Bottom