Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Downright brutal? Pretty standard routine for a handful of guys to be on watch to possibly flip.
Yep. Especially when the big dogs don't recruit you, lose out on their top targets or plan b, so they target plan C's who they can flip as signing day nears.

Still 10 days to signing day. Going to be a crazy ride.

Koi left OSU last night without committing.

So there's that.
In the age of NIL and Portal, I'm taking all my visits and probably some unofficial visits. You have to leave options open to enter the portal in the future. Having visited other places is probably doing your due diligence.

Look at a guy like Howland who was heavily recruited by MN and now he makes the switch to MN from Indiana.

In the age of NIL and Portal, I'm taking all my visits and probably some unofficial visits. You have to leave options open to enter the portal in the future. Having visited other places is probably doing your due diligence.

Look at a guy like Howland who was heavily recruited by MN and now he makes the switch to MN from Indiana.
Excellent point! Recruits now have options in the future that they wouldn't have pondered just a few years ago.

Plus it’s a free trip to LA in the winter

If I was a recruit I would want to take the 5 officials just to take them even if I was pretty sure where I ultimately wanted to go. May as well get a free trip and get wined and dined. I suppose there would be a bit of a time share presentation aspect to it but it would still be fun.

Koi left OSU last night without committing.

So there's that.

The only prep guy they are trying to land is Lugard Edokpayi who visited for the Wisconsin game. PJF is going out east to see him today and he is also going to see the transfer QB and the 2 New York state commits.

You’re hilarious - the biggest maroon colored glasses anywhere. if Perich decommits it will because of the experience the guys ahead of him got this year.

Offensive line is one of the places you still want to get guys and develop them. Who knows? Maybe this guy doesn’t end up any good, but was good enough we did offer.
Looks like he committed to FAU. Impossible we cooled on him. Coaches do change their minds sometimes after watching a kid play his senior year of high school ball.

Do we think Perich is waiting to see who the DC hire is? Does that happen by the 20th? I’ve talked myself into thinking it’s a good sign he canceled the FSU visit and his heart is with MN.

Oh goody....another one of these wait on the edge of your seat to see which hat the kid puts on events. They don't often work out for us but it is what it is. The fact that he hasn't de-commited gives me hope that he will stick with his verbal but tough knowing your competition is Ohio State.

Tough to get mad at a kid for taking his shot at one of the best programs in the country (if he does end up committing there) but hopefully the draw of playing close to home in front of friends and family is enough to keep him around.

Guess we will find out on the 20th.

Oh goody....another one of these wait on the edge of your seat to see which hat the kid puts on events. They don't often work out for us but it is what it is. The fact that he hasn't de-commited gives me hope that he will stick with his verbal but tough knowing your competition is Ohio State.

Tough to get mad at a kid for taking his shot at one of the best programs in the country (if he does end up committing there) but hopefully the draw of playing close to home in front of friends and family is enough to keep him around.

Guess we will find out on the 20th.
Must just be me but why even do the hat thing if you aren’t picking the home team?

Must just be me but why even do the hat thing if you aren’t picking the home team?
Imo, why is the hat pick necessary if your still committed? Would make him look like a dink to be committed here and on signing day pick a different hat. If that’s the case then just decommit now and save everyone in MN from watching.

Imo, why is the hat pick necessary if your still committed? Would make him look like a dink to be committed here and on signing day pick a different hat. If that’s the case then just decommit now and save everyone in MN from watching.

I've always viewed these events as an opportunity to celebrate with everyone who played a part in helping get you to the next step. The hat selection gives that celebration a bit of drama. For a kid like Perich, most of the entire town will likely join in the celebration. Obviously this group will be disappointed if he doesn't pick the Gophers, but the event is not about us or even picking a school, really.

100% agree

I think he'll pick the gopher hat. Felt like he's been firm w MN until recently, and as mentioned it's a tough look to arrange a signing day "selection" show if you're not going to stick with the home team.

Koi in my heart of hearts will be a gopher.. we're about to put our 2nd really really good safety into the NFL... He will also be starting day 1 imo as a promise from fleck..

I think he'll pick the gopher hat. Felt like he's been firm w MN until recently, and as mentioned it's a tough look to arrange a signing day "selection" show if you're not going to stick with the home team.
I think many local kids did that and bailed. I thought Alt just did that and went to ND and I thought the Minnehaha kid did too for basketball. I think the Carrier tweet tells it like it is. Koi is tOSU bound and he’s not happy about it. Too bad too, be nice to have a potential stud safety again after the run of Winfield, Howden, Nubin.

There's been no new predictions on 247 from insiders so seems he's either still a Gophers commit or he's really keeping things hush hush.

Koi gone. Too bad, he’s going to be a star at OSU and a 1st round pick in 4 years mark my words.
Ohio State already has 23 HS commits; 3 are safeties. If Koi were to commit, 4 safeties out of 24 commits would be quite an overweight to one position. Unless the lowest rated one (a mid 3*) suddenly de-commits. Lot of competition for playing time, too.

Last edited:

If a recruit wants to do an announcement in front of his family and friends, I'm fine with that.

But I hate the whole "hat ceremony."

to me, it's like taunting the teams that don't get selected.

make it a positive event - not a negative event as in "I didn't choose you...."

If a recruit wants to do an announcement in front of his family and friends, I'm fine with that.

But I hate the whole "hat ceremony."

to me, it's like taunting the teams that don't get selected.

make it a positive event - not a negative event as in "I didn't choose you...."
Yeah the whole losing team present thing… I would kinda skip that. Personally.

But their call.

Top Bottom