Official 2023 Roster Movement Thread - Who's In and Who's Out?

If the season started this Saturday, Shaw would probably be backing up Boe at Center, and Tyler Cooper at LG.

The staff wants to upgrade the OL via the portal before Fall camp. Either a G or a T would be a take if they're a starting level guy like Filiaga was.

It's all about getting the best five on the field.

LT = Ersery
LG = Cooper (most likely, but Shaw's in the picture)
C = Boe
RG = Carroll
RT = Carroll (or Lewis, or Guedet)

One of the great things about Carroll is he's our best player at both RG & RT, so we just have to find the best player left at either RG or RT.

If they can find a starting level Guard, then Carroll would likely move back to starting at RT. If the staff finds a starting level Tackle, then Carroll would stay at Guard. It's my opinion...no data to back this up, that we're more likely to find a starting level Guard in the portal, than a starting level Tackle.
Boe makes me nervous. I don't feel he's ever looked good in spot duty in the past. He's very limited athletically. If Shaw is behind him...let's look at the portal.

Boe makes me nervous. I don't feel he's ever looked good in spot duty in the past. He's very limited athletically. If Shaw is behind him...let's look at the portal.
I don't pretend to be any sort of o-line expert but Boe did start the Bowl game for JMS and I don't recall him being a major issue.

That said, if the coaches are nervous about the C position I am sure they will go out and find someone.

Disagree on Boe. He came in for Filiaga at times and filled in well.

I think he’s ready to start.

Has gotten to learn from and work behind JMS, so he knows the right way.

Added Tyler Bride to the incoming list. Guessing we won't see much more movement on this list but in this current college football landscape anything is possible I guess.

Transfers In: 11
Corey Crooms - WR - Western Michigan
Ryan Selig - LB - Western Michigan
Elijah Spencer - WR - Charlotte
Jack Henderson - DB - SLU
Chris Collins - LB - North Carolina
Sean Tyler - RB - Western Michigan
David Kemp - K - Memphis (walk on)
Rowan Zolman - DB/LB - Miami OH
Tre'Von Jones - DB - Elon
Craig McDonald - DB - Auburn
Tyler Bride - DB - Georgia Southern

Transfers Out: 18
Jalen Glaze - DB - Florida A&M
Gage Keys - DL - Kansas
Steven Ortiz - DB - UMASS
Cameron James - OL - Jackson State
Austin Booker - DL - Kansas
Michael Dixon - DB - Rutgers
Braelen Oliver - LB - Georgia Tech
Ike White - WR - Charlotte
Austin Sullivan - LS - TBD
Lorenza Surgers - DL - TBD
Beanie Bishop - DB - Louisville
Donald Willis - LB - Western Michigan
Trey Potts - RB - Penn State
Michael Brown Stephens - WR - South Florida
Dylan Wright - WR - TCU
Trill Carter - DL - Texas
Jacob Knuth - QB - TBD
Miles Fleming - DB - TBD

Leaving Early For NFL Draft or Retiring: 2
Ryan Stapp - DB - Retiring
Trey Bixby - DL - Retiring

Out of Eligibility: 12
Terrell Smith - CB
Tanner Morgan - QB
John Michael Schmitz - C
Chuck Filiaga - OG
Axel Ruschmeyer - OG
Matthew Trickett - K
Samuel Pickerign - TE
Thomas Rush - DE
Jordan Howden - S
Mariano Sori-Marin - LB
Clay Geary - WR
Mohamed Ibrahim - RB
Anything happen here since May 14th?

Has there been any news on Craig McDonalds waiver to play immediately next year? I assumed he had a good chance at getting it. First, he only played 2 games at Auburn before medically redshirting because of an ankle injury (he's good now). Then his coach was fired before the season ended, which is always a good reason for a transfer. Lastly for good measure, throw in the usual I wanted to be closer to home piece.

Has there been any news on Craig McDonalds waiver to play immediately next year? I assumed he had a good chance at getting it. First, he only played 2 games at Auburn before medically redshirting because of an ankle injury (he's good now). Then his coach was fired before the season ended, which is always a good reason for a transfer. Lastly for good measure, throw in the usual I wanted to be closer to home piece.
My old man just needed knee surgery. I have absolutely no problem going on record to the NCAA saying Craig has been a lifelong family friend and he needed to return home to be closer to his inner circle at his time of need. I'll just have to explain to my dad who Craig McDonald is.

Added Schuster and updated a few landing posts for some guys.

Top Bottom