I believe this is the whole list:

Zac Epping
Josh Campion
Marek Lenkiewicz

I believe this is the whole list:

Zac Epping
Josh Campion
Marek Lenkiewicz

If I'm not mistaken, Epping's hand was bad for a while, at the very least contributing significantly to several bad snaps against Northwestern.

Point taken tho. The thing is, unlike most other programs, instead of replacing injured Seniors and Juniors with backup Srs, Jrs, and possibly the occasional Soph, the Gophers for the most part are replacing injured Fresh and Sophs with backup FR and Sophs.

The fact they've moved the ball at ALL in BT play, much less sport a winning overall record, is nothing short of amazing.

Really a shame we lost Gere the the kid from IN. Anybody know anything about the twins? Have they played at all?

This is the craziest amount of injury's that I can ever remember to the offensive

Line. In my 16 years of having season tickets I do not remember this many injury's to the front 5 offensive lineman.
Not to mention we lost two guy's permanently to concussion syndrome. Kind of makes you wonder why there have been so many low and high ankle sprains. This is something the conditioning and training staff will have to evaluate, and maybe even work on going in to the offseason, maybe some preventative measures if possible. It has been a tough year for injury's on the offensive side of the football.

Line. In my 16 years of having season tickets I do not remember this many injury's to the front 5 offensive lineman.
Not to mention we lost two guy's permanently to concussion syndrome. Kind of makes you wonder why there have been so many low and high ankle sprains. This is something the conditioning and training staff will have to evaluate, and maybe even work on going in to the offseason, maybe some preventative measures if possible. It has been a tough year for injury's on the offensive side of the football.

All of this goes along with teaching and coaching proper technique and what goes into technique. Once the players learn to strengthen their bodies by listening to and doing what the strength and conditioning coaches teach them, these types of injuries will decrease.

Our strength, speed, size are not there yet, but they are coming.

BTW, Coach Kill and his staff are still recruiting for depth which is a big indicator of a good football team.

I excuse the injuries, but does any other team get called for chop blocking as much as we do? Makes me think that the opposing coaches are telling the refs to look for chop blocks and/or we teach a double-team blocking technique that is either taught or executed incorrectly.

It will be interesting to see what Pirsig and Bobek can do. Nice that we aren't losing anyone so we won't have to recruit a full set of linemen this recruiting class. Would love it if we could get a little bigger.

What ever happened with the McAvoy brothers? They both had decent offer lists coming out high school and I feel like I've heard nothing of them since.

Anybody who has ever played the game is going to tell you there is not a helluva lot you can do to prevent ankle sprains. I don't care how good your s&c coach is.

Really a shame we lost Gere the the kid from IN. Anybody know anything about the twins? Have they played at all?

Gjere is actually from Irondale, MN. You're thinking of Michel (from IN). Both of these guys would be contributing quite a bit this season, but both of their career's ended because of concussions.

The McAvoys seem to be buried on the depth chart. I know Ernie Heifort got some PT a few weeks ago in lieu of the McAvoys. I am not sure where they are positionally, but they are no better than 3rd (most likely 4th team).

Gjere is actually from Irondale, MN. You're thinking of Michel (from IN). Both of these guys would be contributing quite a bit this season, but both of their career's ended because of concussions.

The McAvoys seem to be buried on the depth chart. I know Ernie Heifort got some PT a few weeks ago in lieu of the McAvoys. I am not sure where they are positionally, but they are no better than 3rd (most likely 4th team).

Gjere went to Irondale HS which is in New Brighton.

Coaching had nothing to do with ankle sprains!! lol when u get rolled up from the back side by a running back while he is getting tackled there is nothing u can do but cross your fingers

Prevent ankle sprains, no I know there not avoidable, but you can lessen there impact and likelihood of occuring with agility drills and correct blocking and footwork up front. A lot of guy's get hurt with bad footwork and lacking upper body strength. Not saying this is the case with the Gophers but you can tell, they are not able to match strength up front yet. You can't prevent getting rolled up on from behind when a guy get's knocked to the ground and rolls up on you from behind like Ed Olson had happen. Marquies got caught in a high low where the one tackler dived at his knees and twisting his leg, while the other guy hit him high as he was trying to get away twisting him up. Not really avoidable.
I was chop blocked in high school and got a high ankle sprain and dang near dislocated it as I was on crutches for 2 weeks. Strength and conditioning will matter when we start to match Juniors and Seniors against the defense,
The solution will be to play stronger Juniors and Seniors on the O-line instead of being heavy in Sophmores and red-shirt Freshman like the Gophers are now. It's year 1 and a half of the Kill program, there already having an impact as they have had enough depth to at least
withstand some of this. Mottla got rolled up and got stuck, a bad break in the leg but he was coming off an ankle sprain and needed to play because of the other guys getting hurt. They have had a run of bad luck up front, a real bad run of bad luck. Fortunately in the future they will start having the depth to overcome some of these losses.

Top Bottom