Offenses on Either End of the Spectrum

GoldenAle

Reaction score
With Georgia Tech's option wrecking the Hokies last night without completing a pass and WSU's air raid having a good year, it makes me wonder if the Gophers should adapt a more "extreme" offense.

1. We will never compete with the blue bloods on talent and have to rely on a better scheme.
2. The option offense, like Kill's offenses, can slow the game down and shrink the potential of a blowout.
3. It would be unique to the B1G as currently no other team runs the option or a true air raid.
4. Of course, neither of these have proven out recently as Playoff contending schemes, but it could at least get us back to Glen Mason territory with the chance of playing in the B1G championship every few years.

Thoughts?

With Georgia Tech's option wrecking the Hokies last night without completing a pass and WSU's air raid having a good year, it makes me wonder if the Gophers should adapt a more "extreme" offense.

1. We will never compete with the blue bloods on talent and have to rely on a better scheme.
2. The option offense, like Kill's offenses, can slow the game down and shrink the potential of a blowout.
3. It would be unique to the B1G as currently no other team runs the option or a true air raid.
4. Of course, neither of these have proven out recently as Playoff contending schemes, but it could at least get us back to Glen Mason territory with the chance of playing in the B1G championship every few years.

Thoughts?

Personally I wouldn't like going too far one way or the other. Perhaps the thing I like best about this emerging offense is the balance between the run and pass game.

Top Bottom