offense looks so easy

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I watch a lot of college football ...PAC-10 ...Big 12 ... Mountain West ... MAC games etc... The games are high scoring and it seems to be effortless to move the ball. I can't believe they have better athletes than us. I know I opened that up to "They have better coaches than us."

I just think we should be able to do the same. I don't think the coaches are better but maybe the schemes they are implementing are easier to understand. I think someone else mentioned that earlier about Cincy.

I don't think the o-line's inability block, Weber's inability to set his feet and throw accurately, or the running back's lack of vision can be attributed to scheme.

What type of scheme would you run that would make it so easy?

I watch a lot of college football ...PAC-10 ...Big 12 ... Mountain West ... MAC games etc... The games are high scoring and it seems to be effortless to move the ball. I can't believe they have better athletes than us. I know I opened that up to "They have better coaches than us."

I just think we should be able to do the same. I don't think the coaches are better but maybe the schemes they are implementing are easier to understand. I think someone else mentioned that earlier about Cincy.

I don't really get what point, if any, you're trying to make here. But the Big Ten has long been considered the last bastion of defense and grind-it-out offense. That certainly plays a part in why our offense doesn't look nearly as good as a lot of other teams.
Also, we don't get to play MAC or Mountain West defenses every week.

Yeah I'm watching Ill. and Fresno state. Its making me sick how much better on offense both of these teams look than us

Ok skip the Mt. West and MAC

Skip those conferences and there are teams in major conferences all over the country putting up a lot of pts. We used to put up a lot of points but we couldn't stop anyone. Now we have a defense that is not too bad and the offense stinks. I wish we could get the two at the same time.

He certainly has a point. We are trying to implement a massive playbook meant for the pro's in an attempt to fool defenses into giving up yards to us. I think it makes much more sense to have a standard college playbook (about half the size of the current playbook), with plays we practice to perfection, thus gaining yardage out of experience/knowledge of the plays. This obviously would be easier to digest for the offense, but would require better play calling by Jeddy Fisch.

Yeah I'm watching Ill. and Fresno state. Its making me sick how much better on offense both of these teams look than us

This 53-52 shootout provides a poor comparison. Both these teams had mixed success offensively this season, although in terms of points scored Fresno State was more consistent. BTW: What kind of powerhouse offensive system employs a deflection to lineman when in scoring territory?

Top Bottom