Off Line

book

Reaction score
That seems to be the biggest problem - can anyone pick up a blitz or even block? Makes our qb even worse than it really looks like. Anyway I wonder how Michigan fans are feeling???

Ummm....criticism of the O-line is not allowed on this board. Their parents will come and get you!!!!!!

This offensive line has not shown any real improvement at all over the course of the season. They are mediocre at best in pass protection and get ZERO push on running plays. Where is the agressiveness? You know what if they cant figure out how to block you find a way to cheat a bit and install zone blocking and have people chop down at the line to get the D-line men off their feet. Hell it works for ALL of the academy teams and they have much smaller line men than us.

I didn't see today's game because it wasn't on down here. Was the problem on most of the sacks the OL's fault or more of Weber holding onto the ball too long/WRs not getting open?

I didn't see today's game because it wasn't on down here. Was the problem on most of the sacks the OL's fault or more of Weber holding onto the ball too long/WRs not getting open?

Let's just say they rushed 3 a few times and still got pressure.......

Backs to blame as well

It wasn't just the O-line. There were times when all the O-line were engaged in blocks but the back didn't pick up the blitzing linebacker. Two times Weber had a someone in the end zone with a a five yard cushion and he missed them. That is not the O-line.

The offensive line is HORRIBLE. Some plays, the guys on the line just 'whiffed' on rushers getting in. Other plays, they would doubleteam a defender, leaving a 10 foot gap for a LB or tractor to go through. On another play, SDSU showed a corner blitz or something, and the MN player lined up on his side completely ignored him & gave him a DIRECT PATH to the QB. Ended up throwing the ball away in this situation. HOW THE EFF do you not see that blitzer and how do you make ZERO effort to block him?

WOW - they are simply terrible.

That seems to be the biggest problem - can anyone pick up a blitz or even block? Makes our qb even worse than it really looks like. Anyway I wonder how Michigan fans are feeling???

100% correct, Book. In re-watching the game I've already lost count of how many times So Dak ran unimpeded through our sieve of an o-line, and I am only in the 2nd quarter. The funny thing is, the announcers mentinoed how SD is not a blitzing team generally. LOL Wow, how quickly SD adapted. It is really sad that we cannot come up with a scheme to at least help protect our QB! I truly felt bad for Weber today as many times SD ran through the line like a game of Red Rover Red Rover! How about keeping a back in the backfield to help pick up a blitz?

On another note, WILLS is horrible. 50% fo the time, he doesn't block anyone (either gets beat outright off the snap or whiffs on any kind fo mobile blocking scheme). You will noticed he spends the majority of his time on teh field standing straight up after being beat. He looks lost out there. I can't believe he is the best we have; he is so immobile and slow footed.

The left side of our line is not much better. Again, I lost count of how many times SD easily blew past our 'blockers'. I would be embarassed if I were an offensive lineman. Show some respect, guys. Hell, if you get beat, tackle your guy. Very disappointing.

Top Bottom