Odd times at NDSU:

station19

Reaction score

No kidding.

In a text message to the athletic director also obtained by Port, Bresciani made his support just as clear: "Remember to control the spin as much as you can. You are 'adjusting" (not changing) process, because of fan reaction (not media or other pressures). Own the decision as yours not something you were told you had to do. I'll back that...especially because you DID agree rather than force it."

Placed in that context, Bresciani's decision to rescind the changes doesn't appear hold up, even if the president won't admit it.

His most recent attempt at spin came Tuesday, when Bresciani sent an email to NDSU employees that attempted, in part, to provide a definition of the phrase "profoundly disappointed when I learned the facts."

Here it is: "It appears that this comment has been interpreted to mean that I was disappointed in the new guidelines, when in fact, I was disappointed in the process."

"The process" laid out in the email included a timeline. Bresciani said the guidelines were released without him being consulted but that he originally supported them "based on my understanding of the facts at the time." Then, after hearing from other school officials, his reservations began. And the following day, he ordered the guidelines rescinded.

I've been privy to some north dakota higher ed administrative interactions. There are a handful of good people but there are also folks who straight up set their peers / subordinates up for failure, throw them under the buss and etc.

He can't possibly survive this. Good riddance to another sleaze bag political type.

Top Bottom