October 13th Depth Chart and Injury Report

No Tommy. No Mottla (or so it seems).

I believe I'll be taking some hard-earned cash down to the sports book to place on the Wildcats. Two FR, Two SOPH, on the O-Line. I can't WAIT until this isn't an issue anymore....

Tommy and Mottla will both play. Kill said as much on his radio show yesterday.

Tommy and Mottla will both play. Kill said as much on his radio show yesterday.

That's what I was thinking, and had been hearing all week. Stupid question, but does that mean there's no significance to the order in which players are listed on the depth chart?

Fingers crossed. I hope they both start, giving the same starting lineup as UNLV and UNH. That would be a great start.

It will be interesting to see how effective and much Gray plays tomorrow. If he is not 100%, I think that will just feed that Nelson will start next year.

That's what I was thinking, and had been hearing all week. Stupid question, but does that mean there's no significance to the order in which players are listed on the depth chart?

Fingers crossed. I hope they both start, giving the same starting lineup as UNLV and UNH. That would be a great start.

Depth chart in college means absolutely nothing. Some teams keep them updated some don't.

There really is no significance if the word "OR" is placed in there. I also recall Kill saying that Epping would start at center and Christensen at guard, but Tommy and Mottla would play.

Maxy-

Not sure how Gray playing or not playing tomorrow has anything to do with feuling Nelson speculation for NEXT year. Could you please explain?

I mean, for the first 3 or 4 weeks AJ Barker was not even on the Depth Chart.

Two deeps mean the two that would see the most action. It's not or, it's and.

The number of plays depends on the position. A two deep player at WR is going to see more action than a two deep at QB or RG...

There really is no significance if the word "OR" is placed in there. I also recall Kill saying that Epping would start at center and Christensen at guard, but Tommy and Mottla would play.

Maxy-

Not sure how Gray playing or not playing tomorrow has anything to do with feuling Nelson speculation for NEXT year. Could you please explain?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there are factions of the fanbase that would be terrified if Shortell were successful. Seriously.

Maxy-

Just a gut feeling that Kill really wants/needs this game. I think how they use Gary will show how much trust they have in Shortell. I think Max is a full-time relief pitcher.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there are factions of the fanbase that would be terrified if Shortell were successful. Seriously.

I want Max to succeed, but we all know that Kill and staff can't get what they want playwise, out of him. Can't run.

Just a gut feeling that Kill really wants/needs this game. I think how they use Gary will show how much trust they have in Shortell. I think Max is a full-time relief pitcher.

I tend to agree and am one who believes that Nelson will be the starter next year, I just had a difficult time trying to decipher what connection you were drawing. I still think your scenario is far-fetched, at best.

And then there are those who are terrified that Gray might be successful. Seriously.

I really don't care who plays anymore. Whoever they trot out there, I'll be cheering for them 100%. Just win the dang ball game.

I really don't care who plays anymore. Whoever they trot out there, I'll be cheering for them 100%. Just win the dang ball game.

ABsolutely!!! This is a big one. Not worried about the TEAM starting to lose faith if they lose another one but the fanbase is a different story. Some will say we've been down this road too many times, same old story, etc. A loss could really kill a lot of the buzz that was generated by 4-0.

Bottom line, both QB's will play, and play a LOT. Barring injury, I could easily see both QB's garnering at least 40% of the snaps the rest of the way. It's just not that big of a deal at this point. I said over and over again, this will sort itself out. If one starts to separate himself from the other, he'll get the majority of the snaps. Plain and simple.

So far, in his BT road starts, Shortell has been pretty pedestrian. It'll be interesting to see how he does tomorrow in his first ever BT HOME start.

ABsolutely!!! This is a big one. Not worried about the TEAM starting to lose faith if they lose another one but the fanbase is a different story. Some will say we've been down this road too many times, same old story, etc. A loss could really kill a lot of the buzz that was generated by 4-0.

Bottom line, both QB's will play, and play a LOT. Barring injury, I could easily see both QB's garnering at least 40% of the snaps the rest of the way. It's just not that big of a deal at this point. I said over and over again, this will sort itself out. If one starts to separate himself from the other, he'll get the majority of the snaps. Plain and simple.

So far, in his BT road starts, Shortell has been pretty pedestrian. It'll be interesting to see how he does tomorrow in his first ever BT HOME start.

I am hoping for the same thing you are, Ogee...that the cream will rise to the top.

Perhaps I missed it but what is Foster Bush ailing with; it seems like it's being kept hush-hush? With all the hype he received last year and by all accounts how solid a player he is would have been nice maybe to slide him down to guard as a starter during this turmoil but he's been out now for a long while. God forbid another OL concussion?

Maxy-

How I interpreted it was that if Gray isn't 100% and still plays over Max, than Nelson will be the starter next year because the coaches don't have the confidence in Max as a starter as they played an injured Gray played over him.

AGAG, I have to say that in regards to your post #22, that is an awful lot of speculation about what your interpretation is with respect to the Coaching Staff's knowledge of it all. So I truly think you have gone out on an awful weak limb.

How I interpreted it was that if Gray isn't 100% and still plays over Max, than Nelson will be the starter next year because the coaches don't have the confidence in Max as a starter as they played an injured Gray played over him.

Don't think the two are related at all. Gray helps our offense this year because his running ability can mask some of the issues on the O-Line. Also helps cover for our lack of dominant players at the skill positions. Looking to next year the coaches will evaluate their options in the off season and during Spring Ball. The decision on who starts between Max, Nelson, Leidner and any other QB on the roster will not be made this coming Saturday regardless of who plays.

Top Bottom