OC Announcement

ncgo4

Reaction score
They way Brewster was quoted here, the replacement sounded like a done deal. Has a press conference been called? Does anyone know where we stand?

I heard that they expect the OC to be announced on Monday. I'm not completely sure on this but the names I'm now hearing are the QB coach from the Denver Bronco's (Tennessee offered him as OC but he declined it when he still had a job under Shanahan at Denver) or somebody that was coaching in the game last night which is why the couldn't move any faster (possibly Heupel or Norvell from Oklahoma). They may have been waiting to interview one to ensure they made the right call.

The word is that Shanahan is going to do some consulting/advising for Brewster. I'm not sure if he is consulting on the OC hire or if he is coming in this spring ball but that is definitely a positive for the Gophers.

So we are going to have a superbowl-winning coach just hanging around our complex giving pointers to our team? Is he allowed to have direct contact with the players? Or is it possible we offer him some sort of BS job to get around that if that is indeed a regulation? I am just throwing out ideas here but its still cool.

according to Mike Max at 6pm today...

option A turned down the gophers' offer for the vacant oc position
option B turned down the gophers' offer for the vacant oc position

now, it's on to option C....

option A = Major Applewhite
option B = Jay Norvell
option C = Josh Heupel

Top Bottom