Obviously keep the current coach and staff

huntster17

Reaction score
Obviously the U must keep the head coach and all his staff. The job is to coach football and this important revenue for the the rest of the programs in Athletics. His job is not to baby sit the non-football decisions of these student athletes off the field. Those who are against that philosophy are never customers of the athletic departments and those opinions are just that. Don't listen to them. Go gophers and keep the coaches and keep playing defense and making us proud. Did I mention 9 wins?? Ask Oregon and Notre Dame if they would like 9 wins??

Obviously the U must keep the head coach and all his staff. The job is to coach football and this important revenue for the the rest of the programs in Athletics. His job is not to baby sit the non-football decisions of these student athletes off the field. Those who are against that philosophy are never customers of the athletic departments and those opinions are just that. Don't listen to them. Go gophers and keep the coaches and keep playing defense and making us proud. Did I mention 9 wins?? Ask Oregon and Notre Dame if they would like 9 wins??

Agree on the babysitting...can't be done 24/7, & I have to believe that the returning players are going to be awfully vigilant in policing off field behavior and perception. There are a LOT, and I mean a lot, of high quality young men in this program.

Agree on the babysitting...can't be done 24/7, & I have to believe that the returning players are going to be awfully vigilant in policing off field behavior and perception. There are a LOT, and I mean a lot, of high quality young men in this program.

Well said.

Go sign the petition to keep him. So far the petition to fire him is well outpacing the one to keep him.

I can guarantee you that from every football team from high school through the NFL are filled with some of the absolute best people in the world and unfortunately some of the worst. It is the nature of the sport. You need to be tough, have leadership, be accountable, and a little crazy to play the game. I am guessing a majority of the guys on the team are great guys and I feel bad that a few guys making bad choices and makes them all look bad.

Once again the fire petition folks are not customers of the athletics product. Ignore them. Go gophers. I have signed the keep petition.

Once again the fire petition folks are not customers of the athletics product. Ignore them. Go gophers. I have signed the keep petition.

Although I hope they keep Claeys, how in the hell do you know if those folks are not customers of the athletics product? Even if they are not, they very well could be students or graduates of the University which gives them every much a right as you to sign whatever they want to. BTW, both petitions are silly. Hope to hell whoever is making the decisions isn't going to be influenced by a couple of on-line petitions. Nothing I've seen from the AD makes me feel confident though that this will be the case.

Although I hope they keep Claeys, how in the hell do you know if those folks are not customers of the athletics product? Even if they are not, they very well could be students or graduates of the University which gives them every much a right as you to sign whatever they want to. BTW, both petitions are silly. Hope to hell whoever is making the decisions isn't going to be influenced by a couple of on-line petitions. Nothing I've seen from the AD makes me feel confident though that this will be the case.

I mean just probability.... there aren't many customers.... hell 400 seems like a lot of people, so not very likely ;)

I can guarantee you that from every football team from high school through the NFL are filled with some of the absolute best people in the world and unfortunately some of the worst. It is the nature of the sport. You need to be tough, have leadership, be accountable, and a little crazy to play the game. I am guessing a majority of the guys on the team are great guys and I feel bad that a few guys making bad choices and makes them all look bad.

As with policies and procedures in business, you craft them for the 95% who are good workers, are productive, and focused on doing the right things, not the 5% who are the problems. If you do it the other way around, you just end up punishing that 95% who aren't and they become...you guessed it...less productive and less focused on doing the right thing.

They are probably trolls who signed it. Anything to disrupt progress here in Minnesota.

Why bother. Moveon.org has their agenda.

At the very least maybe the news will have to stop talking about how many more signatures the fire claeys petition has. I don't think any petition will have any bearing on whether or not he keeps his job (unless the petition gets something like 100,000 signatures). But posting on an obscure forum won't either so if you want him to keep his job you should be voicing your opinion other places.

Claeys and company should stay. No way they should be scapegoats. Plenty of blame to spread around.

Claeys and company should stay. No way they should be scapegoats. Plenty of blame to spread around.

The petitions should be about as effective as the fire Mason chants. For the most part, people have no idea what they are chanting or signing, just want to be a part of something . Administration can use it to show a little more support in their final decision, but shouldn't be swayed by the public that knows relatively nothing on the subject they are petitioning.

Lots of revenue to raise with the new stadium village and an all time low in attendance. Do you think this can be turned around with the current staff ? That's the big long term question.
Can we complete for a Big Ten West Championship and get to a possible Rose Bowl type of game year and year out ? Can we recruit good kids that will represent the State in a positive manner ?

Top Bottom