Observations from San Diego....

We mixed fronts, but weren't getting to the quarterback fast on most plays. They were mostly coverage sacks. WHich tells me it was mostly execution. nobody got open.

It is not at all like saying all someone did was run and pass.

Yes it is. Exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken the time to watch the U's marching band & spirit squad on Youtube. They are quite awesome. It is great to see the Holiday Bowl trip not cancelled. Those kids and the staff all seem to ham it up and enjoy themselves.

It looks like the entire band, spirit squad and staff got to go which is awesome. Kudos to the U for the great preps for the Holiday Bowl. This is a well deserved trip for everyone! I wish I could have made the trip.

Yep...Great compliments about the band, especially at the parade. Because of time constraints,
they couldn't do the Swinging Gate at halftime. I may never get to Rose Bowl Parade, but the band marching down Harbor Blvd playing the Minnesota March made my eyes tear up. The parade route was about 6 deep in people attending.

Yup, Ayinde was getting held for 20 yards on that play. Brutal officiating start to finish.

Speaking of, besides the huge interception made a very good play in the end zone on a third down. It was the first drive by Washington State and he stripped the ball resulting in them settling for a field goal.

Since our reputation is to travel poorly and we had the palor of the "incident" how many folks were there supporting the Gophers? I was at the Citrus Bowl 2 years ago and I can tell you that there was a fantastic turnout. Just curious because I have not seen anything anywhere with a number. On tv it looked to be a decent turnout though.

Since our reputation is to travel poorly and we had the palor of the "incident" how many folks were there supporting the Gophers? I was at the Citrus Bowl 2 years ago and I can tell you that there was a fantastic turnout. Just curious because I have not seen anything anywhere with a number. On tv it looked to be a decent turnout though.

It was a bigger crowd than any bowl game I've been to except the Citrus (been to 5 of last 9). I was actually shocked, but a lot of LA alumni there. Most everyone I talked to was not currently living in Minnesota.

I bought my tix through StubHub the week before and got the last two in Club Section 1 (at a 67% discount). There were very few available in the "Minnesota" sections. Good job folks.

FYI you guys missed the guy running on to the field. He was dodging out everyone chasing him until he failed to see the endzone cop (who by the way, was just standing there watching). The copper pancaked him. Should have been called for targeting.

Pretty good crowd, but as I previously posted, hard to put a number to it because Gopher fans were sitting all over the stadium. I know the club seats on the Gopher side were sold out according to the ticket office when I looked into tickets. Sitting in the third deck on the Gopher side there were probably 100 or so fans who took advantage of the 25.00 ticket price they were giving at the Battle of the Bands".

You know what I'm noticing? Leidner's little bro is tiny for a D1 lineman. He did a helluva job.

You know what I'm noticing? Leidner's little bro is tiny for a D1 lineman. He did a helluva job.

I read somewhere that he had lost 30 lbs in anticipation of his football career being over and needing some sort of surgery. Then he got called on to play.

what's with "San Diego" in the end zones in each school's colors? instead of the school names. Is that a Holiday Bowl thing?

on the news today they announced ticket sales at 52,000 (instead of the 48,704 announced attendance during the game), so i think the Bowl committee was generally happy. Higher attendance than last year
Well, when on of your teams is threatening to boycott the game because of internal school stuff, then a Bowl Committee has to come up with an alternative field display plan, even if it is a head-scratcher.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The Holiday Bowl always has "San Diego" in the end zones painted in each team's colors. Not sure if it's related to the Chargers, but they've always done it that way.
And here I thought it was related to a potential boycott of the game by one team.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom