O'Brien

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
The guy has done an amazing job cleaning up after the enablers. Where will he be coaching next year? His phone will be ringing and why stay at Peddy St? He's not getting any younger. I am guessing that Arkansas may want to look his way.

The pedophile jokes are getting really old really fast.

A - I think people overplayed the sanctions angle this year (the player losses will impact next year's team and 2013 more than this year) and B - Who have they really beat? A bad Illinois team and Northwestern at home.

People who thought that team was going to be suddenly going to turn into a zero-win team were being unrealistic, as are the people who think they are now going to contend for a conference championship.

as are the people who think they are now going to contend for a conference championship.

considering they aren't eligible I would have to agree that that would be pretty unrealistic

The rally looked good, as did the number of points (conservative former regime would probably have lost the game). I think he'll stay there, though...

He'll definately stay. He's can't possibly get fired for 6 years unless he starts dating an intern. Why leave? They'll be okay the rest of this year and will really start sucking next year and everyone after. Let's see how much folks like his coaching when he has MN like talent...

My only interest in PSU this season is that they win their last game (Wisconsin!).

That was the best football game Penn St. Will play for the next 6 years. Sad situation but they won't beat a ranked opponent for at least 6 years. They'll be lucky to win 2 big ten games a year for the next 5 years and they won't play a better game than they did today for 6 years. Yes, Obrien has done well, but today they peaked and now the long painful 6 year process of penn st being one of the worst teams in the country begins. The next 4 to 5 years will be especially ugly.

That was the best football game Penn St. Will play for the next 6 years. Sad situation but they won't beat a ranked opponent for at least 6 years. They'll be lucky to win 2 big ten games a year for the next 5 years and they won't play a better game than they did today for 6 years. Yes, Obrien has done well, but today they peaked and now the long painful 6 year process of penn st being one of the worst teams in the country begins. The next 4 to 5 years will be especially ugly.

Nope.

I am still not convinced that they will be in the cellar of the big ten. They'll be bad in 2 years. But I wouldn't be surprised if they never finished last.

They will still be better than Indiana.

considering they aren't eligible I would have to agree that that would be pretty unrealistic

Exactly, but as I wrote on FBT, people are acting like O'Brien has all of the pieces in place now and that the difficult times are behind them.

I wasn't a person who thought that the sanctions will impact PSU as much as some people, but if the sanctions truly do impact the football team, it should occur in a couple of years or so when the players who reversed commitments would have been seniors, etc.

Top Bottom