number 10

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Marquise Vann verbals to the gophers

he has offers from michigan state, conecticut, stanford, cincinnati, and quite a few smaller schools

Espn Rates him as #36 OLB and 78 overall.

Vann displays good playing strength; shows very good run stopping production. Has the size and athleticism for the outside linebacker position at the major level of competition. This player is a tough wrap and knock'em back tackler with the open field ability to be productive on special teams. Shows good flexibility, balance and agility; does a good job with K&D recognition skills against the run and pass; demonstrates good downhill fill and stacking ability vs. the inside run; also quick to the edge with very good pursuit angles. This guy has the playing strength to take on and defeat blockers when working to the point of attack; moves through traffic well, avoiding blockers with his quickness. We see very good potential as a coverage player; displays the ability to play in space; is light on his feet; can crossover for depth with eyes on the QB, showing good route awareness and break on the ball. His ball skills look good and we see potential as a man coverage player. We like the intense motor this prospect brings to the field; can create havoc in the backfield with his run/ pass blitz ability, demonstrating a good closing burst to the QB. We see a guy capable of making plays anywhere on the field. Vann could see early playing time as a situational and special team%u2019s player while polishing his overall skills.

Welcome to Gopher Nation Marquise Vann! I saw your film and you are the MAN!

Welcome Marquise. What a great way to end the recruiting week!

Welcome aboard. Nice GPA too.

I like the way this class is coming together. You have good solid program kids, with tons of upside, good GPAs, they all have the measurables of classsic BCS level D1 talent. My biggest gripe against Mason was his dependence on overachievers.

Seems like a strong pickup. Welcome aboard great recruiting week.

I like the way this class is coming together. You have good solid program kids, with tons of upside, good GPAs, they all have the measurables of classsic BCS level D1 talent. My biggest grip against Mason was his dependence on overachievers.

I agree. Brewsters a shrewd recruiter. He understands the recruiting cycle well. He knows he can't sell playing time and a winning program to the top recruits because we're so talented and young and well, not a winning program. So instead of focusing on them like he has been and missing out he switches gears and pulls in these solid kids who likely will fill the gaps nicely in three years.

It'll be interesting to see if this is how he fills out this class. I'm thinking he will.

He does look strong. Would like to see him keep his pads on the ball carrier and tackle through the body a bit more instead of relying on that strength to pull them down. But that's what we have coaches for.

A little observation for you guys...Fairfield plays in the top level of H.S football in Ohio, and they play a very legit schedule...most of these games this kid played in were very solid competition.

I like this for another reason...by filling up out our schollies before the year starts, it will leave the coaches more time to gameplan and work with current players during the year.

Looks like a nice player and another good student. Good work Brew.

Top Bottom