Nubin chooses #31 to match other Gopher Safeties.

Assume Koi is going to wear #3 because we currently don't have a defensive player with that number on the roster.....but maybe he should work out a deal with the current #31 Jordan Greenshow (apparently has been on the roster last 3 years).

Very cool that all 3 of the recent safeties from the U all are wearing the same number in the pros.

Where's Woodbury fascist to yell "keep the politics out" when you need him?
Notable athletes who wore No. 45
Johnny Majors · Michael Jordan · Archie Griffin · Bob Gibson a nice array of both college & pro athletes who changed their sport. Is that politics? Very odd way of thinking. Honor the person by honoring the number.

Per Giants.com:

He will wear No. 31 as part of a Gopher lineage that includes Antoine Winfield Jr.

While Giants fans will know the number for former defensive backs Jason Sehorn and Aaron Ross, Nubin is paying homage to his old college teammates. Antoine Winfield Jr., the 45th overall pick by Tampa Bay in 2020, has worn No. 31 while picking up first-team All-Pro, Pro Bowl, and All-Rookie honors throughout his young NFL career. Jordan Howden, another Gophers safety drafted last year by New Orleans in the fifth round, also sports the number.

Nubin said both players prepared him to be "NFL ready."

"I just think that means just being a pro before you're a pro in how you attack every day and how you do your work before you're a pro," Nubin said. "I saw a lot of guys do that. I saw a lot of people do that. I saw Antoine Winfield do that. I saw Jordan Howden do that. I saw [Commanders cornerback] Ben St-Juste do that, all guys that played in my DB room, come from Minnesota, being a pro before they were a pro. I think that's what it means and that's why I emulated in college. You see how those guys are doing now, I think that's a recipe for success if you go in the NFL."

In terms of the Giants' roster, Nubin will reunite with a pair of Gophers on either side of the ball.

"Me and
John Michael [Schmitz] are super close," Nubin said about the Giants' 2023 second-round pick. "I was actually hoping I'd get a chance to play with him and [inside linebacker] Carter [Coughlin]."

Go Gophers!!​

Per Giants.com:

He will wear No. 31 as part of a Gopher lineage that includes Antoine Winfield Jr.

While Giants fans will know the number for former defensive backs Jason Sehorn and Aaron Ross, Nubin is paying homage to his old college teammates. Antoine Winfield Jr., the 45th overall pick by Tampa Bay in 2020, has worn No. 31 while picking up first-team All-Pro, Pro Bowl, and All-Rookie honors throughout his young NFL career. Jordan Howden, another Gophers safety drafted last year by New Orleans in the fifth round, also sports the number.

Nubin said both players prepared him to be "NFL ready."

"I just think that means just being a pro before you're a pro in how you attack every day and how you do your work before you're a pro," Nubin said. "I saw a lot of guys do that. I saw a lot of people do that. I saw Antoine Winfield do that. I saw Jordan Howden do that. I saw [Commanders cornerback] Ben St-Juste do that, all guys that played in my DB room, come from Minnesota, being a pro before they were a pro. I think that's what it means and that's why I emulated in college. You see how those guys are doing now, I think that's a recipe for success if you go in the NFL."

In terms of the Giants' roster, Nubin will reunite with a pair of Gophers on either side of the ball.

"Me and
John Michael [Schmitz] are super close," Nubin said about the Giants' 2023 second-round pick. "I was actually hoping I'd get a chance to play with him and [inside linebacker] Carter [Coughlin]."

Go Gophers!!​
Love seeing a bunch of former Gophers on the same NFL roster.....wish that roster was the Giants.....but glad our guys are getting opportunities at the next level.

I wouldn’t be smart enough to think to do this but I am aware enough to think it is really cool.

Top Bottom