Now that Bryce is gone (again)...

re3886

Reaction score
Who are we targeting for that Scholarship spot? I assume the Fritz Rock bridge has been burned, spit on and stomped into kindling...
If this has been covered I am sorry, but i didn't find it in a quick search of thread titles.

We have enough WR's coming in. I hope he burns the rest of the scholarhsips on D types. Unless Wingo is serious.

Top targets:
Ronnie Wingo, Jr. - 4 star ATH (RB/LB) from Missouri
Nosa Eguae - 3 star DE from Texas
Mike Edwards - 3 star CB from Ohio

Edwards is new to me...

Has he been discussed much her and I missed it?

We are in his top 4 with Michigan Tennessee, and Cincinnati and he may be coming this weekend. Edwards has had an offer for a while but he didn't start making visits until January so you didn't hear much about him. The recruiting services don't have much to write about if a player isn't taking visits yet. They'll still write about 4 stars because they're 4 star players but 3 stars that take their visits in January don't get talked about in Sept.-Dec.

I got you.

Thanks for the info. So we are sure it's one spot that is left? I know Spry has moved on, anybody else rumored or otherwise? I did remember that this is a class with limited schollys available.

Thanks for the info. So we are sure it's one spot that is left? I know Spry has moved on, anybody else rumored or otherwise? I did remember that this is a class with limited schollys available.

Who said there is only one spot left? I expect the Gophers to take 3 more players in this class.

Edwards has major academic issues. That is why Ill and OSU never offered or backed off. I am shocked UMich offered. Most people figured he would end up at Cincy due to his grades.

Edwards.

Edwards is a 3* according to Rivals, a 4* according to scout, and ESPN gives him a 77.

Wingo would be out top ranked recruit according to most services. He would be a big get this late in the process I am not holding my breath but the fingers are crossed.

I wouldnt mind another WR. Couple of texas kids look real good. Kris Lott has an offer and looks like a good player, fast and good size 6 feet but 190 pounds. Ja-Mes Logan also would be a good get, he has some impressive offers. He is fast and has good size as well 6'3" 180 and a 4.44 40.

I wouldnt mind another WR. Couple of texas kids look real good. Kris Lott has an offer and looks like a good player, fast and good size 6 feet but 190 pounds. Ja-Mes Logan also would be a good get, he has some impressive offers. He is fast and has good size as well 6'3" 180 and a 4.44 40.

We're not going after another receiver. Difton (4* WR from Florida) is still out there and would be our #1 target if we were going after one. He has said that the Gophers coaches have stopped calling.

Edwards has major academic issues. That is why Ill and OSU never offered or backed off. I am shocked UMich offered. Most people figured he would end up at Cincy due to his grades.

I think he recently received a high enough score on his ACT to be eligible. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that I read that recently.

Top Bottom