Now lets get the AXE!!!

it'll be great to give the badgers their first loss

Ready to see some sad little red piggies next week.

Our DBs better be ready to play. The badgers threw the ball well over 60% of the time.

Our DBs better be ready to play. The badgers threw the ball well over 60% of the time.

Not to nitpick, but Wisconsin still ran the ball 50 times to their 31 passes. Granted they are significantly more frightening through the air this season compared to the last two.

Huge game Saturday. Atmosphere should be even more electric than against Cal, and that's saying something.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1830319515467628112&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1830319515467628112&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

I LOVE this VID!!!!

Just like they said in Blazing Saddles, we don't need no badgers!! JK :) I know it was Badges. The point is We DON"T LIKE the BADGERS!!!!

Remember, we would rather be dead than red!!

BUCK you FADGERS!!!

A Weird Al's "UHF" sighting!

Raul's Wild Kingdom....overall not a great movie, but some truly classic moments.

It Should Be a Good Game

I'll be the first to say that I'm glad we're playing Wisconsin at home this year. Even though we know that the Badgers will have a large number of their fans at the game, the buzz of the newness of TCF Bank Stadium gives us an advantage (at least early) that the 'Dome never did. You know the student section will be pumped, and I think we'll see significantly more maroon and gold than Wisky red in the stands.

After watching much of the Wisconsin vs Michigan State game, Wisconsin looked good -- but not unstoppable.

I truly believe that our D is better than Michigan State's. I would be surprised if we gave up 190+ yards rushing. Although we're not close to an upper echelon defense, none of the the Badgers RBs are Jahvid Best. With the strong play of the DT's (overall), and the combination of speed and size at LB, we should be able to at least contain their run game. Also, for all their faults, Royston and Theret do a solid job against the run.

The key for the defense will be to shore up the middle of the field, and be sure that we have their TE's covered like glue. I could see Lawrence, Triplett and Cooper having some chances to make big plays (batted balls or INTs), but we've got to play smart, and get pressure on the QB when they pass. I think we'll see more consistently pressure from the DE's next week. McKinley and Wilhite made big plays under pressure, and they should be able to build on that as they watch game film.

On offense, we must run the ball well enough to set the tone, like we did this week. As someone else mentioned, our ability to run the ball set up our success with play action. If we can get 100+ yards rushing, that will open up the passing game. I would like to see some more of Gray at QB next week, too, and even let him throw a pass or two -- that should keep the Badger defense honest when he's in there. The Badgers gave up nearly 400 yards passing (although they also got 3 INTs), so there's no reason to think that we can't have some success as well.

Of course, we have to execute and play smart, and win the turnover battle. We had one penalty and one INT (on a great play and catch by the NW DB) against NW. If we have that next Saturday, I like our chances.

In the end, I predict that it'll be a close game and the Gophers will find a way to scratch and claw their way to a 31-28 victory with an Ellestad FG in the closing seconds.

Go Gophers!!!

Pure, unadulterated hatred all week long. LET'S GO GOPHERS

The Badgers gave up nearly 400 yards passing (although they also got 3 INTs), so there's no reason to think that we can't have some success as well.

While I'm not all that impressed with Wisconsin's pass defense so far, 183 of MSU's 396 yards in the air came in their final 3 drives during garbage time when Wisconsin stupidly put cruise control on and MSU scored 2 TDs.

Top Bottom