Notre Dame to ACC

Getting Notre Dame, but no football is the same as dating a hot girl and not being allowed to touch her. There's still some benefits but, ultimately, you're not getting what you want.

I can understand why the ACC went for this, but overall I have agree with "meh".

Better start the process to kick out Northwestern then. :)

At least Northwestern's main message board isn't named Wildcat Envy like Irish Envy for ND.

The impression I get is that most ND fans think there are two types of people in the world: Those that went to Notre Dame and those that wanted to but couldn't get in and had to settle for whatever school they went to.

No one will ever dare say so, but this deal effectively means Notre Dame is no longer independent in the sport of football. They are playing 5 ACC games, this is only one fewer conference game than Big East teams played a few seasons ago (2004) anyway.

Notre Dame would have been better of just embracing their fate as a soon-to-be-conference-affiliated football program. Two years ago they could have formed a national superconference on their own terms and had their choice of conference partners from the Big East, Mountain West, Conference USA and Army/Navy. They could have played all their rivals, kept their exclusive TV contracts, played in a CCG, and maintained control of 8 home/neutral site games.

Top Bottom