Notre Dame reportedly not going to hire Utah OC … because of his buyout… wtf

Not sure why the amount of the buyout isn't stated in Thamel's tweet or the SI.com article linked above, but for the sake of clarity, the amount of the buyout is reported by other sources to be $2.8M. Notre Dame could certainly come up with that if they wanted to do so, but that seems incredibly high for a guy of his status.

Not sure why the amount of the buyout isn't stated in Thamel's tweet or the SI.com article linked above, but for the sake of clarity, the amount of the buyout is reported by other sources to be $2.8M. Notre Dame could certainly come up with that if they wanted to do so, but that seems incredibly high for a guy of his status.
For that price the donor may want someone better I agree

For $2.8M they could buy a QB and a RB and a couple elite linemen and just go with whomever is making a MAC team go up and down the field fast.

I would have said Kent State's OC Andrew Sowder since they have been top 2 in the MAC the last 3 seasons ...but when I Googled him I found out he's our new TE coach! Shazam!

Sounds more like an excuse. No way ND doesn't have that money if they want someone. Shit, that's pocket change. They are using it as a reason because something fell through would be my guess.

Sounds more like an excuse. No way ND doesn't have that money if they want someone. Shit, that's pocket change. They are using it as a reason because something fell through would be my guess.

It appears there is real concern among ND fans that the AD is a penny pincher and the administration might just not give a damn about athletics.

Imagine if you were a position coach at ND and put your name in the ring for the OC job. They had the same OC there for a few years so there's probably some guys who have been there a while.

You have asked for some raises and maybe got them. Maybe you are making $300-500K which is awesome but it could be a lot more if you were the OC.

Then, they decide it's worth it to light $2.8M on fire to hire some other guy who hasn't ever worked there and is now your boss. $2.8M that would have given you and the staff a nice pay bump.

Sends a bad message to the staff to be wasteful like that and then exercise any other cost controls anywhere else.

Imagine if you were a position coach at ND and put your name in the ring for the OC job. They had the same OC there for a few years so there's probably some guys who have been there a while.

You have asked for some raises and maybe got them. Maybe you are making $300-500K which is awesome but it could be a lot more if you were the OC.

Then, they decide it's worth it to light $2.8M on fire to hire some other guy who hasn't ever worked there and is now your boss. $2.8M that would have given you and the staff a nice pay bump.

Sends a bad message to the staff to be wasteful like that and then exercise any other cost controls anywhere else.
Isn't this what happens anytime an outside o.c/d.c. is hired?? There's always buyouts when poaching coaches

The ND decision for whatever reason was a public slap to the chops of the ND HC.
Kelly left ND for the enormous salary LSU has guaranteed him but also because ND would not pay the assistants better.
ND thinks that they are entitled to win because they are ND.
I never want to see them in the BIG. They are more entitled than NE.

Because it can doesn't mean Irish should.

You hire the best guy you can get … if those other guys there for a while aren’t the best, too bad.

You hire the best guy you can get … if those other guys there for a while aren’t the best, too bad.
Looks like they ended up saving the buyout money, promoting from within, and we'll see how it goes!

Potential of Callahan leaving to be OL coach at ND?

You know that guy is literally a random nobody who throws pure BS out in the hopes of getting clickbait follows/retweets, right?

Has no connections. Is not plugged in.

You know that guy is literally a random nobody who throws pure BS out in the hopes of getting clickbait follows/retweets, right?

He has connections to a lot of the conference speculation, but yes on Callahan he is responding to a tweet he saw where Callahan is listed as a candidate. He's not a random nobody with realignment speculations.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Greg’s nightmare is over!
This must be a joke.
He was forced out of that position at WI because the OL performance was not up to WI standards.
I realize he left for VA Tech, which was mostly a lateral move because the writing was on the wall for him at WI despite the fact he was Chryst's BFF.

This must be a joke.
He was forced out of that position at WI because the OL performance was not up to WI standards.
I realize he left for VA Tech, which was mostly a lateral move because the writing was on the wall for him at WI despite the fact he was Chryst's BFF.
Maybe it is true…. ND just not trying very hard at sports anymore?

He has connections to a lot of the conference speculation, but yes on Callahan he is responding to a tweet he saw where Callahan is listed as a candidate.
Then the proper thing to do on your part was to post an actual, real source of information.

Like:
Rudolph was one of three candidates Notre Dame reportedly took a long look at, along with former Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke and Minnesota offensive line coach Brian Callahan. Irish director of athletics Jack Swarbrick confirmed the number of candidacies during an in-house Q-and-A last week.

“I feel really good,” Swarbrick said. “Three sort of first-tier candidates have been identified and we’ll see how that process goes. But really encouraged by the quality of those candidates and that’s a process that I think will move fairly quickly.”

He's not a random nobody with realignment speculations.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom